Welcome To aBlackWeb

Who Taught You To Hate Yourself?

You're by far the worst poster on here
tumblr_m5ilohFVUU1rq4q6jo1_250_zpsekz9kkcd.gif

ROFL, Moe reminds me of Conflict-lite.

Shit, it probably is that nigga.

Homie had to tone it down after Goldie gave him an initial warning for harassing females.

I use coconut oil. I have to apply it every day or every other day. I live in Texas, our climate is different from DC. So I wouldn't expect you to understand.

So african hair can handle the heat in africa, but not texas? lol ok

So african hair can handle the heat in africa, but not texas? lol ok

I didn't say that. They probably moisturize their the same as I do and a lot of them rock braids as protection. However, I, choose to wear weave or braids to protect MY hair from the sun and other reasons. Many Africans I know wear weaves and braids. Including a friend of mine who owns a braid shop out here. It don't have shit to do with wanting to meet European standards.

:saywut:

on one hand, I hate when men got shit to say bout women's appearance choices. on the other, eurocentric beauty standards are real and hard to shake even when u 'woke'.

Shit, I was always 'natural' all my life but I wore my hair straight via blowouts for yrs. 24/7, not a curl in sight. It wasn't till recently that I committed to wearing my hair in its unaltered texture. I had to ask myself y I felt I had to spend hrs burning my hair into submission n y my natural self wasn't enough.

I get wanting variety tho, n like I said I don't like tellin women what to do with their looks cuz society already does. I do know from my own experience how hard white supremacy can be to divorce from ur life, even subconsciously

PS. Don't feed the troll guise. He hurtin.

I didn't say that. They probably moisturize their the same as I do and a lot of them rock braids as protection. However, I, choose to wear weave or braids to protect MY hair from the sun and other reasons. Many Africans I know wear weaves and braids. Including a friend of mine who owns a braid shop out here. It don't have shit to do with wanting to meet European standards.

:saywut:
How much r braids in Texas? I was quoted $150 in NYC so my shit stays DIY :(

Our hair is built to handle the weather and sun, same as our skin, so the weather being a reason to wear weave is bogus, but w.e helps you sleep at night <<>>

And I'm not trying to bash females, cuz males have been brainwashed into thinking shaving our heads is necessary too, when in actuality our hair is meant to protect us from the weather and other things.

This thread is more about making people ask themselves why they do what they do and who taught you it was the right thing to do.

And I'm not trying to bash females, cuz males have been brainwashed into thinking shaving our heads is necessary too, when in actuality our hair is meant to protect us from the weather and other things.

This thread is more about making people ask themselves why they do what they do and who taught you it was the right thing to do.
nigga the barber shop is where black men be men. _Goldie_ is a cracka or has no friends

I've had relaxers since I was a young girl until about 6 years ago. I've always went to the salon to get my hair done and would look through the beauty magazines there that had nothing but relaxed textured styles. So yes, I saw that as acceptable beauty. Straight hair seemed to be the move. At the time, I didnt see it as European aesthetic, but just black women with these fresh, smooth, dope hairstyles.
I didn't return to my natural state bc it was a trend. It was bc I had overprocessed my hair overtime and it began to break so badly, it was my next alternative.
I feel like Im gettin off track, but my family would say things to me like "You look like an African", "When you gon get a perm?", "You really gon wear your hair like that lolll?" during and after my transition. I remember one of my supervisors laughing at a co-worker and told her "Your nappy head ass need a perm". So Id say ignorance and being brainwashed by white society caused all the asinine comments and judgement from black ppl acting as a self-hating device. I really find it hilarious that all the people who shaded me for my fro, have no edges, have bald patches, and real hair that stops above their neck. Mean while I can brush all my hair into a ponytail with out lookin like Sonic the Hedgehog from the back.

I had to actually learn outside of my surroundings that it was okay to be curly, kinky, and wavy and also that it was beautiful.

I love my hair, but...

I do wear wigs and weave only bc I get lazy and annoyed with my own hair at times. And these things serve as protective styles that give my hair a break.

So I say black people taught me self-hate and Caucasoid America taught them.

Back