Welcome To aBlackWeb

Who Sets The Trends??

I stand corrected

Thank you

In terms of Black American popular culture, including hype beast fashion, NYC is irrelevant.

Nobody cares about what Black NYers do culturally for about 20 years now.

Officially washed as a region of Black popular culture just like LA.

Worldwide, nobody cares about ATL for fashion.

It's all about NYC, but that's high fashion, being distilled into streetwear and ATL doesn't rock streetwear like that.

🤷🏾‍♂️ never been on to give a fuck about trends if it fits my mode then it fits not because negro bots lined up and decide it waa cool because some influencer made it "cool"

Another day, another MAGA Southerner dissing Black People in New York with no pushback.

It’s a shame we don’t get the same protection as everyone else but isssightdoe.

View attachment 1351192

Rugby, tracksuits (athleisure), GRILLZ, designer street wear, fitted clothing,skinny jeans,Forces, Timbs, amiri, trueys..Literally everything associated with Black peoples dress in the USA is directly from New York..All these niggas in 2024 wearing BB Simon belts should dig up Quay Dolla and raid his casket like an Egyptian pharaoh.

but whatever man these guys are enabled so what can u do.

Except when it ain't.

Remember all that Coogi, Versace glasses, Pelle leather "well dressed hustler" lookin shits Big and Jay started rockin?

Copied straight from Detroit niggas.

Except when it ain't.

Remember all that Coogi, Versace glasses, Pelle leather "well dressed hustler" lookin shits Big and Jay started rockin?

Copied straight from Detroit niggas.
certainly not. 80s drug dillas was wearing all that coast to coast really.

Pelle’s really only get burn in The Bronx because they’re cheaper than AVIREX (the more expensive gold standard) and Bronx niggas are poor and dirty, Avi ofc is a New York line that predates Pelle..Nobody in NY in the 80s went to Detroit and imported it, they were sold out of his New York location just like Chicago, that happened contemporaneously and NY is understood to have made it popular because nobody knows Detroit drug dillas.
IMG-0008.jpg

Dapper Dan ain’t from Detroit, Holmes..NY niggas was the first to be rocking designer pieces in the ghetto.

Brooklyn had Miguelito (RIP) who personally styled dopeboys like Kendu Allah (peace 2 da god) and Meccaopolis is not from New York.

y’all don’t have/never had an urban stylist culture that’s why you have to keep telling me about Italian people whereas those same Italians come to New York to sit at the feet of the Black masters and creators of Black urban fashion so that other states can come along and claim them in 2024 like Yachty.

certainly not. 80s drug dillas was wearing all that coast to coast really.

Pelle’s really only get burn in The Bronx because they’re cheaper than AVIREX (the more expensive gold standard) and Bronx niggas are poor and dirty, Avi ofc is a New York line that predates Pelle..Nobody in NY in the 80s went to Detroit and imported it, they were sold out of his New York location just like Chicago, that happened contemporaneously and NY is understood to have made it popular because nobody knows Detroit drug dillas.
IMG-0008.jpg

Dapper Dan ain’t from Detroit, Holmes..NY niggas was the first to be rocking designer pieces in the ghetto.

Brooklyn had Miguelito (RIP) who personally styled dopeboys like Kendu Allah (peace 2 da god) and Meccaopolis is not from New York.

y’all don’t have/never had an urban stylist culture that’s why you have to keep telling me about Italian people whereas those same Italians come to New York to sit at the feet of the Black masters and creators of Black urban fashion so that other states can come along and claim them in 2024 like Yachty.

Ok bruh, NYC the center of the universe and shit. NOOOOOBODY had a style if NYC didn't do it first back then, right?

Detroit didn't need NYC for it's style just like LA didn't need NYC, just like Chicago didn't need NYC, just like Miami (I don't know about ATL, they seem do have been doing what everybody was doing).

Also, you know Pelle been around since the 70's and is a Detroit brand, right??? Marc Buchanan is from Tha D and was making his shit right in the city, and we was rockin' them shits first along; you know all that, right??? Also, Marc had a leather brand before Pelle, Gandalf and Co., which predates even Avirex by several years.

I'll say this...there's some NY fashion they definitely clowned on until it caught on other places. I remember in the early 2000s NY niggas clowning folks in DC and MD for wearing Nike Boots and Polo Boots only to now try and claim they wore them all the time.

Back