Welcome To aBlackWeb

https://www.theleafchronicle.com/st...-tirade-black-crime-wayne-shelton/2482403002/

Judge goes on tirade about black-on-black crime, saying it puts Klan to shame

In hearing after fatal shooting on Warfield Boulevard, judge laments that black-on-black crime is getting worse.

Black men are more dangerous to other black men than white Klansman ever were, Montgomery County Judge Wayne Shelton told a man accused of murder this week.

Shelton, presiding over the preliminary hearing of Vincent Bryan Merriweather on Thursday, said he's sick and disheartened by what he sees as a lack of respect for human life, especially among young black men willing to shoot at one another for little or no reason.

It isn't the first time Shelton has expressed that sentiment that from the bench.Although he's been saying "black lives matter" for years, he lamented Thursday that no one is listening.

"I grew up in a time where people wore white robes and they shot at black people," Shelton said. "And now we see young black men wearing black hoodies shooting at black men — and doing much more effective job than the Klan ever thought about doing."

Not the first lecture on violence

Shelton has seen such cases before, and given similar lectures comparing black-on-black crime to Klansman violence.

After two teenage brothers were accused of gunning down a young Clarksville man following a high school graduation party in May 2015, Shelton gave another stern lecture on black-on-black crime.

“What a horrible tragedy this is,” Shelton said at that hearing in June 2015. “Black lives matter.”

One of the suspects had just graduated high school and had a future ahead of him, as did the other two men. “That life mattered,” Shelton said as the victim's family sobbed. “That black life mattered to them, and it matters to me.”

Shelton said he was upset that the shooting may have simply stemmed from a reaction of perceived “disrespect.”

“That’s the absolute tragedy,” he said, adding that this type of crime was happening far too often in Clarksville. “It’s black men killing black men."

In years long past, the Ku Klux Klan would kill black people who they thought were disrespectful, Shelton said.

“The Klan doesn’t exist anymore,” he said. “Who doesn’t care about black lives now? I’ll let you answer that. I’m tired of black men killing black men. If I offended anyone ... I can’t help it.”

Not 'the whitest man in the room'
On Thursday, Shelton had to take a recess after Merriweather's hearing. He bound that case over to a grand jury and set bond at $500,000 bond.

He later told The Leaf-Chronicle that while he "might look like the whitest man in the room," he isn't.

Shelton said his great-great-great-grandfather was a free man of color in the 1860s, and he is disgusted by what he sees as a lack of respect for human life, whether it be at the hands of a racist police officer or rival gang members.

"Black lives really do matter," he said. "The total disregard of that fact by any in our society is totally reprehensible."

bc752a92-e929-4438-ae0c-90cbbfe1900a-Shelton_getting_indignant.JPG

Last edited:
Miss me w that shit. White ppl do the same shit. Stop making it about race. You kill the ppl nearest to you.

Miss me w that shit. White ppl do the same shit. Stop making it about race. You kill the ppl nearest to you.
They attach every thing negative to black people and make it seem like its only black people.... propaganda at its finest!
Look at this me too movement. It's mainly white men that has the most cases but guess who's the face of it Bill Cosby. Now, with this R.Kelly situation and every one wants to talk about it . He's about to get put on the metoo along with bill.

Poverty is associated with crime and just like in the 1920 white men were poor and had a high crime rate

Back