Welcome To aBlackWeb

site-logo

Georgetown Square Kroger shooting suspect 'always wanted to kill somebody,' report says​

Kroger Facebook Live screenshot

6650e84aa2714.image.png

Fort Wayne Police say Richard Klaff, Jr. recorded himself on Facebook Live with his gun before shooting six times at 3 people inside the Georgetown Square Kroger. All six shots missed.

Play Video

spaceplay / pause

qunload | stop

ffullscreen
shift + ←→slower / faster
↑↓volume

mmute
←→seek

. seek to previous
126 seek to 10%, 20% … 60%
Fort Wayne Police say Richard Klaff, Jr., who was recording himself on Facebook Live when he fired six shots at three people inside the Georgetown Square Kroger, told them why he chose them as targets.
FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT) -- Fort Wayne Police detectives sat down with Richard Klaff, Jr. on Thursday, not long after he was arrested -- accused of shooting at people inside the Georgetown Square Kroger.
A probable cause affidavit released Friday says one of the first questions the 20-year-old asked detectives was if anyone died, and how many people he shot.

At some point during the interview detectives say Klaff told them he "always wanted to kill somebody, that's all I wanted to do. I was supposed to go to the military, I couldn't wait on that obviously."
It turns out the six gunshots all missed.
As first reported by FOX 55 News on Thursday, the probable cause says the entire ordeal was caught on Klaff's own Facebook Live. You can watch an edited version of the video here. Viewer discretion is advised.
The report draws heavily from the video: Klaff saying he wanted to shoot 11 people before walking out of the Kroger bathroom and into the store with gun in hand, saying he's "going out with a bang."
Richard Klaff
66509e58e4663.image.png

Allen County Sheriff's Department

In the video, Klaff says he doesn't want to shoot an old man and keeps walking through the store for a target until he says, "I see one."
He then approaches the bakery department, raises his handgun and, according to the affidavit, fires six times at a female customer and two employees.
Klaff, who is white, uses the n-word multiple times in the video. The most visible target in the video appears to be a black woman. While running away, the report says Klaff yells, "bitch n*****."
Detectives asked Klaff if he was looking for someone in particular to shoot, and why he chose the people he did. The report says he told them he didn't want to shoot anyone who was old and that he chose the people he shot at because they were standing in a position with no cover.
The report also adds new details about what happened after the shots fired.
It says he left the store and ran to the Dollar General, and then behind the 5/3 Bank, where officers found him behind a dumpster.
Police say Klaff told them he hid the gun in the Dollar General dumpster, which officers recovered.
He is charged with three counts of attempted murder and one count of criminal recklessness with a deadly weapon.

A lot of y'all act like the way you carry yourself in life will keep you safe

A lot of y'all act like white supremacy won't get you if you keep to yourself

Back