Welcome To aBlackWeb

White singers getting rewarded for sounding black

Golden

Administrator
when they sing.

I can't watch shows like X Factor n American Idol n shit cuz black ppl never win n white contestants, with voices that r a dime a dozen among the black, always do.

The idea of sounding or singing black sounds ignorant but here's an example.

I loved tf out of this song today, I still do. I love the voices n the Jazzy feel.

I'll be damned if I wasn't taken aback to find that the think the singers weren't black.

I wldnt be surprised if they gain far more acclaim than black artists would for the novelty of being white with black vocal skills.

I was watching teletubbies reruns recently too n they had a Louis Armstrong imitation band singing What a Wonderful World. Every member from the vocals to the sax was white.

Ima still enjoy a song for what it is but I'd prefer if our vocal skills were appreciated not just when displayed by white people.

Do u listen to any white artists that sound black? Or have u noticed any acclaimed or emerging white singers with vocal skills that r common in the black community? What r ur thoughts?

Is there a such thing as sounding white vs black?

Why do people say someone sound white when they are speaking proper then say someone sounds black when speaking slanguage or improper?

Oh like Adele, that sam smith mf and all these other pink folks?

Here you go wacking shit again.
It was a question to start a damn discussion.
FOH

Joss Stone is one of my favorite Vanilla soulful singers.

I know I'm the broken record loves, but nobody does it better than we do. They learn and mimic the best.

And it is more fascinating to the masses to see a vanilla person with the amazing voice that comes stock in African people.

It is extraordinary which makes them the societal favorite.

That song is dope tho lol (the white guy sounds white) But yea i hate that..I remember a BET awards some years back they had Karmin singing rap songs after every commercial and people were like "Whoa! cool!" and i'm like full_zpstvzaulub.png "It's just two white people singing black people songs..."

Is there a such thing as sounding white vs black?

Why do people say someone sound white when they are speaking proper then say someone sounds black when speaking slanguage or improper?

Lol yes a person can sound white. I use Obama for example uses proper English no slang no heavy accent and he sounds like a black man. Maybe its a tone or inflection sort of thing.

That song is dope tho lol (the white guy sounds white) But yea i hate that..I remember a BET awards some years back they had Karmin singing rap songs after every commercial and people were like "Whoa! cool!" and i'm like View attachment 6254 "It's just two white people singing black people songs..."
The white guy sounds white n he killed me talkin bout Harlem when he prolly ain't been there in his life.

The chick sounds like a soulful black singer who grew up in the church choir tho

Lol yes a person can sound white. I use Obama for example uses proper English no slang no heavy accent and he sounds like a black man. Maybe its a tone or inflection sort of thing.

So what qualifies as sounding white?

This whole blue-eyed soul thing has been happening so long I'm shocked ppl actually still find it "exotic" or surprising anymore. I totally agree about the singing competition shows. I would get so mad when the black singers would get eliminated on BS reasons. All aside this song in OP is dope.

Some artists I like are:
Daley
Yukimi Nagano ( Lead singer of Little Dragon)
MOVEMENT (Australian band)

Oh like Adele, that sam smith mf and all these other pink folks?
Funny u say that cuz I never thought adele or sam smith "sounded black"...they just some regular r&b singers to me. Although British r&b singers studied old jazz and soul music so...

I find this trend more prevalent in "alt trap" (I think that's what it's called?) music...basically these alternative singers singing over "trap" beats. That shit is blowing up and trap music gets such a bad rap even within the hip hop community and white ppl make shit like this

That's my jam so it's no shade.....but I peep....

Back