Welcome To aBlackWeb

White People, stop feeling guilty: just accept you got some accountability then move on! - The Cure to White Supremacy, and Perfomative Militantism

The headline says “white people shouldn’t feel guilty for what their ancestors did.”

I have no problem with this comment.

Is there more to it?

The headline says “white people shouldn’t feel guilty for what their ancestors did.”

Is there more to it?

Lakeith expounds further about his point. And that said point is the core of the topic I want to launch.

Just open play on the video. You're not going to regret from hearing it.

What he said isn't exactly true. His point is that white people shouldn't feel guilty. They should just accept that they are afforded some benefits because they are white, and stop messing with black people. I would agree with that sentiment. However, a lot of black people are advocating for reparations, which means that white people can't simply leave black people alone. They also have to be willing to contribute to reversing the damage done to black people. That's the part that a lot of white people have a problem with, even the well meaning ones.

Is there more to it?
Nah. They should feel guilty for the murder and genocide they caused and continue to

What he said isn't exactly true. His point is that white people shouldn't feel guilty. They should just accept that they are afforded some benefits because they are white, and stop messing with black people. I would agree with that sentiment. However, a lot of black people are advocating for reparations, which means that white people can't simply leave black people alone. They also have to be willing to contribute to reversing the damage done to black people. That's the part that a lot of white people have a problem with, even the well meaning ones.
This makes sense.

Back