Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Top 10

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Top 25

Votes: 15 46.9%
  • Top 50

Votes: 15 46.9%

• Total voters
He's 7 on my list. His albums aren't the best but he arguably has the best mixtape catalog of all-time.

giphy.gif

the funny thing about budden, is that i was a fan from the very jump

his first album was crazy...

10 mins was one of the realest and most honest tracks ever....i always maintained how i respected artists who really connect with their audiences...10 mins let you know the real joe..same with calm down and walk with me....

real tracks that many artist don't have the balls to do....i always fucked with joe for those tracks....

i love real life and rap and stand up nicca... cuz i loved pointing out fake niggaz that acted tough for a reason....

i thought that one track 3 sides to a story was one of the best story tracks i've ever heard....

and dumb out was imo shitting on the game.... game always name drops but it's corny... jo did it the way it's supposed to be done...and he did it effectively enough to not have to do it throughout an entire career....

i always kept note of their rivalry...and felt joe topped game in every spar....

i even suspect i know when it started...

i never had this confirmed.... but i listened to joe's first album a million times....

adn joe had a track on there with a very distinctive flow

dope track, but for whatever reason, it wasn't a single....i think it coulda been. but whatever.....

anyway.....listen to how joe raps when he firsts comes in.......

"you wanna....get right boo.....head light blue....don't no other mommy give me head like you"

almost 2 years later...

listen how both game and 50 come in....

almost exact same cadence

i think that shit was deliberate... and these niggaz been trading shots since.....

Top 25. Dude is fire and not afraid to make his music personal af and let his fans know the real him. Dudes got some dope lines too. I never checked out his Debut album, but i became a fan after Mood Muzik 2 and checked out everything after that.

He doesnt always have the best ear for beats or hooks, but his verses are often fire.

Back