Welcome To aBlackWeb

When GOATs colide: LeBron vs. Kareem

Mister B.

The Devil’s Greatest Advocate…..
I don't this doesn't get talked about much, but there's been a lot of commentary from Kareem Abdul-Jabbar about some of the moves LeBron has done over this season.

First, Kareem criticized Bron for his "Big Balls" dance:

"While the NBA issued their fine to LeBron James, settling the matter, NBA legend Kareem Abdul-Jabbar had some lasting thoughts on the situation. Kareem now has his own Substack, in which he runs a news feature for NBA fans. In one of his recent segments, he responded to LeBron's celebration by saying, "Last week, LeBron was fined $15,000 for doing a big balls dance after his win over the Pacers. The NBA has been fining players between $15,000 and $25,000 for doing this dance since the 2010-2011 season. For me, winning is enough. Why do you need to do a stupid, childish dance, and disrespect the other team on the court? It doesn't make sense, GOATs don't dance."

Now, he's shooting at Bron for the Rona meme Bron put out:

"First, let’s put his meme in context. In September, LeBron stated: “I don’t talk about other people and what they should do. We’re talking about individual bodies. We’re not talking about something political or racism or police brutality. I don’t think I personally should get involved in what other people do for their bodies and livelihoods ... I know what I did for me and my family ... But as far as speaking for everybody and their individualities and things they want to do, that’s not my job.”

Here’s the first problem with that statement: With 106 million Instagram followers, making such a post is automatically politically impactful because he questions the validity of the efforts to get the country vaccinated. As is evident by some of the comments that cheer LeBron’s post, he’s given support to those not getting vaccinated, which makes the situation for all of worse by postponing our health and economic recovery. The CDC reports that those who are unvaccinated are 9 times more likely to be admitted to the hospital and 14 times more likely to die from COVID than those vaccinated. The number rises to 20 time more likely when compared to someone who’s gotten a booster shot. By posting the uninformed meme, LeBron has encouraged vaccine hesitancy which puts lives and livelihoods at risk."

So, is there something here? Or is Kareem nervous about Bron on the path to pass him as all-time scoring leader.

Back