When Artists Tried To Make The Same Hit

Crossroads

If I Could Teach The World

Change The World

Home

I Tried

Meet Me In The Sky

They even admitted that the labels were pushing them for another Crossroads.
For what it's worth, there's like four different versions of IICTTW.
My favorite is the 4th version they usually did a variation of for live performances way back.
It's basically two of DJ Uneek's remixes of the same song, combined.
Unfortunately, there's only shabby live audio of it.

• Goat
Reactions: 5th Letter
They even admitted that the labels were pushing them for another Crossroads.
For what it's worth, there's like four different versions of IICTTW.
My favorite is the 4th version they usually did a variation of for live performances way back.
It's basically two of DJ Uneek's remixes of the same song, combined.
Unfortunately, there's only shabby live audio of it.

Never heard this version. That’s crazy.

No no findin' a sample and leavin' it is sooooo different to samplin' a smash hit in the same genre from a few years ago and leavin' it

Lol surprised no Em yet. No goin' thru the trouble of postin' the songs but you know the singles I'm talkin' about

I don't think some of yall know the difference between an artist purposely trying to replicate the sound and structure of a song verses that just being their signature sound.

Hard Knock Life and Anything are good examples because Jay doesn't have a long track record of songs just like them.

Songs that just so happen to have the same sample? Nah that's just biting.

So many artists have tried and failed at this, with the follow up song being a weakass retread of the first effort.

This is why Musiq Soulchild is dope bc he was able to cover the same ground thematically on three different songs, while going in three different directions sonically.

Just Friends

Forthenight

B.U.D.D.Y.

Hitmaka is notorious for just jacking other people songs and barely changing things around and adding his name on it. He has a high position at Atlantic records that clears his name and give him a wide range to sample clearances and shit, so what he does is take a song and adds a few things on it and bank up.

It's smart AF, but as a artist it's a crazy cheat code and diminishes the art of producing since that's his whole signature.

Fam I hate this nigga Hitmaka s work/production dude don’t even try to be creativr

Nah that was Young Berg aka Hitmaka biting song jacking ass

I'm not a star was done by Lex Lugar, and Young Berg literally stole the same song and move some snares around and gave it to Lil Wayne for "John"

Hitmaka probably one of the biggest scamming niggas I ever seen. Me and my girl stay laughing at this shit Everytime I hear a new song from him because he uses his power effectively.
Credits say John was produced by Polow Da Don and Rob Holladay

Edit: Holy shit this is confusing. The wiki page for Carter 4 says Polow and Rob, but then wiki page for the actual song says Ayo The Producer and then says Polow, Rob, Hitmaka, and Ayo. idk who did what on it lmao

Nah that was Young Berg aka Hitmaka biting song jacking ass

I'm not a star was done by Lex Lugar, and Young Berg literally stole the same song and move some snares around and gave it to Lil Wayne for "John"

Hitmaka probably one of the biggest scamming niggas I ever seen. Me and my girl stay laughing at this shit Everytime I hear a new song from him because he uses his power effectively.
Glad somebody else knows about this ditto ass nigga