Welcome To aBlackWeb

Whats your thoughts about Ice Cube?

Don Dada

I saw 50 Cent post about Ice Cube so I came here.

As a rapper , as a actor, as a busniss man, as a owner.

you name it.

I go with rapper.

Top 10 rapper of all time. 3 Classics

This is the post by 50 cent btw!

One of The Goats

Easy Duz it (Easy E's first album) and Straight Outta Compton came out in my sophomore year in high school.

Amerikkkas Most Wanted came out in the summer between Junior and Senior year. Kill at Will came out when I was a senior.

He, along with his crew, brought something new to the table.

He had a long 10 year run in the music industry before making the successful transition to Film and TV.

He's a role model and a success story.

He's an example of somebody that went from rocking mics to being an entrepreneur.

He's not just a West Coast legend, he's a legend.

All time hip-hop great and gangsta rap pioneer. Cube is in my personal top 10 list overall.

Funny this thread was made b/c I started listening to hip-hop and checking for rap albums (the ones my mom let me keep) when I was around 12. My first Ice Cube songs I were exposed to were Natural Born Killas, Today Was A Good Day, Check YaSelf, etc., The first Ice Cube album I got was War & Peace that was in late '98. Been listening to Cube's music ever since.

His transition from music to entertainment is the blueprint. Hell, Cube and Master P basically started the trend. Look at what 50 is doing now. Big 3 basketball every summer. Winner in every aspect of the game.

He’s in my top 10. Excellent rapper/storyteller with two solo classics & has been involved in some of the greatest most influential songs ever put on wax. Been apart of some classic hood movies & is a legend in every sense.

Legend.

tbh imo ppl let it slide that he dropped so much solo trash after lethel injection

He shoulda stopped droppin solo albums after lethal injection.

Them war n peace shits was str8 doo doo butter.

Everything else was a mix between ass water n garbage juice.

Last edited:
Legend.

tbh imo ppl let it slide that he dropped so much solo trash after lethel injection

Everything else was mix between ass water n garbage juice.

I don’t recognize his discography past Lethal Injection & I think most people do too. Cube the only rapper who got away with this type of shit lol.

Every artist has their prime years. But "The Old Ice Cube" is a phrase that has a special meaning for black hip-hop heads of a certain age.

NO rapper was ever better at effortlessly fusing pro-black militancy with hood shit on wax. Not KRS, not dead prez, not even Pac.

Go look at that first verse on Nigga Ya Love To Hate. In 24 bars he effortlessly trashes the police, the media, pop music, gun control, mass incarceration, and cornball "Let's Go Back to Africa" niggas.

We still get a glimpse of it now and then. He shined on Killer Mike - Pressure.

Also, I know people kinda forget about Lench Mob, but they get credit from me because Neo-Nazi/KKK/White Nationalist types ALWAYS list Lench Mob lyrics in their little boo hoo lists about "VIOLENT ANTI-WHITE RAP LYRICS". Seriously, you see MAGA types on social media complaining about Lench Mob and you can tell they're copying and pasting text from 25 year old Neo-Nazi websites lol.

That said, I do deduct points for producing this show (WHICH I STILL CANT BELIEVE WAS REAL) and doing the theme song.....

Also for tapdancing with Bill Maher the week after that cac said the n-word to a Republican senator...........yuck.

Not as bad as LL doing that "Accidental Racist" song..........but c'mon bruh lol.

Overrated. The 3 classics in a row agenda is a lie. But “Today is A Good Day” is a top 3 goat rap song.

One of The Goats

Easy Duz it (Easy E's first album) and Straight Outta Compton came out in my sophomore year in high school.

Amerikkkas Most Wanted came out in the summer between Junior and Senior year. Kill at Will came out when I was a senior.

He, along with his crew, brought something new to the table.

He had a long 10 year run in the music industry before making the successful transition to Film and TV.

He's a role model and a success story.

He's an example of somebody that went from rocking mics to being an entrepreneur.

He's not just a West Coast legend, he's a legend.
This big3 league is crazy he doing it big. This is why you look up to him , he went from Ammerikkas most wanted to that. Amazing.

The big3 league only growing how big do you think it can be?

Legend.

Everything else was a mix between ass water n garbage juice.
Nah longevity >>>>>>>

Quality over quanity
Raw footage and laugh now cry later dope albums i would put them over any snoop(beside doggystyle)Daz Warren g Game e40 yg album.

Messi won worldcup past his prime . It does not matter. You dont quit because you are not in your prime anymore.

He been relevant since nWA

Last edited:
Helped to carve out a lane for rappers during a time when few wanted to take them seriously as both rappers and actors. He will always get his credit for that. He's also not above receiving criticism for some of his recent mistepps just because I like his music and movies.

Helped to carve out a lane for rappers during a time when few wanted to take them seriously as both rappers and actors. He will always get his credit for that. He's also not above receiving criticism for some of his recent mistepps just because I like his music and movies.
Nigga he didn't make any fucking missteps

If you weren't superglued to the plantation you would understand that

Back