Welcome To aBlackWeb

OPINION What's your position on illegal immigration?

LUCIEN

I hate getting punched in the head
I've been having some heated discussions about this, and tend to be against most illegal immigration cases. My family is more lenient with it, since most are from Latin America (DR, Cuba, Nicaragua). The way I see it though, a lot of people who are trying to be generous to illegal immigrants in the name of equality are actually perpetuating inequality. There is only so much money that can be spent on roads, food, medicine, and the like. There is also a limited amount of jobs. By letting people who have not contributed enjoy these benefits, there is less to go around to the people who have actually contributed. In order to help illegal immigrants, we are essentially reducing the amount of money we can dedicate to urban communities, veterans, and seniors.

Someone on the IC really opened my eyes to that view when they talked about how illegals tend to rush into construction. For a lot of men with criminal records, that is one of the few fields where you can still earn a decent check for your family. By letting illegals in, they are basically saying fuck you to those people, and a lot of them are Black and Hispanic folks who actually paid taxes. Some people say "well they shouldn't have broken the law", but if that's the case then why would you reward illegal immigrants for coming here and oppose deportation?

It makes no sense.

What do you think, ABW?

I agree.

The way I look at it, if I'm in a foreign country illegally and/or get caught trying to enter one illegally.........I'm going to be subject to whatever laws that country has regarding illegal immigration.

So, it's hard for me to understand why so many people think that illegal immigrants should be given preferential treatment and held to a different standard than anyone else breaking the law.

Hate to admit it, but the Republicans make a good point when they constantly bring attention to how liberals/Democrats try to equate legal immigration with illegal immigration.

This mentality is one of the main reasons why I wouldn't be surprised if Trump wins another term.

Simply because most Democrats refuse to acknowledge that we have an illegal immigration problem.

They just gloss it over to make it seem like people are against immigration in general.

When we first moved to Phoenix, I didn't care. I was basically like "Let them folks cook, they're just trying to have a better life than they could back home".

But after living there for a while, and seeing how the shit affects the communities they come to. How when we were struggling and had to go apply for food stamps the line was damned near all illegals with a handful of Black and white folks sprinkled in. When Joe Arpaio ran a raid on several McDonald's restaurants around Scottsdale the one across the street from my job had to shut down because damned near everyone working there was here illegally. They had to hurry up and hire Americans to work there which made me think: ALL of those jobs could have gone to legit citizens and people who are here the right way. How the fuck did a whole fast food spot shut down because of this? And this was the case all over the place. Any time Sheriff Joe raided a place he'd round up all these illegals taking jobs away from citizens that could have worked them. Metro Phoenix's homeless problem is ridiculous, so those were jobs that could have put some homeless cats back to work and got them off the street. All of these social services are being exploited by illegals and it's straining the programs to the breaking point. None of this should be happening.

Then there's the whole issue of there mere existence here in this country being a criminal act in the first place. We're still actively looking at moving to Belize and we've been studying what we need to do in order not to run afoul of their immigration laws. I figured it would be ok to come over and just grab a guest DJ spot or two at the few electronic music events there but come to find out I can get booted from the country for doing that without a work permit. I can continue to work remotely for companies outside of Belize but I can't so much as add RAM to someone's computer for pay without running the risk of getting ejected from the country.

The one thing I don't see anyone really addressing, though, is the notion that their home countries are so bad that they have to break the law for a better life so it's excusable and we should just look the other way. This is the same rationale drug dealers have used as an excuse for peddling drugs in our communities and the answer we SHOULD be giving is the same one bandied about for our own poor areas: Fix the issues within those countries so the citizens don't feel the need to come here illegally to find work in the same way we need to fix the issues in our poorer communities so the people that live in them don't feel the need to resort to crime to survive.

Last edited:
Gotta fix home before you can start helping out your neighbors

It sucks but America to broken to be giving out a helping hand

I used to not care so much. Until I realized how much it affects the economy. Not to mention, outside of what every else has already stated, a lotta them mf come over and try to shit on us and cause problems in our communities. We as black folk gotta stop sympathizing with every damn group. Everytime we do, we get our issues promptly placed behind theirs

I'm torn on this one. On one hand I can see why people want to get out of there bad situation and come here and get money to make a better life for their family. Yet on the other hand I can see that illegals are burdening the economy and taking away jobs for those who could use that work. It's like lose lose situation no matter what side you pick. If I say kick the illegals out it splits families and it also makes the price of certain things like food and construction skyrocket.

Bigger picture than what is being painted than most people think.

Last edited:
I'm torn on this one. On one hand I can see why people want to get out of there bad situation and come here and get money to make a better life for their family. Yet on the other hand I can see that illegals are burdening the economy and taking away jobs for those who could use that work. It's like lose lose situation no matter what side you pick. If I say kick the illegals out it splits families and it also makes the price of certain things like food and construction skyrocket.

Bigger picture than what is being painted thanost people think.

If me and my wife go rob a bank and we get caught, guess what happens? Our family gets split up.

That can't be the reason to feel sorry for them. We have no sympathy when it happens to an American when they get locked up for whatever crime they've committed and the kids gotta go to foster care or whatever, why would we have sympathy for foreign people knowingly committing a crime and bringing the kids along with them?

If me and my wife go rob a bank and we get caught, guess what happens? Our family gets split up.

That can't be the reason to feel sorry for them. We have no sympathy when it happens to an American when they get locked up for whatever crime they've committed and the kids gotta go to foster care or whatever, why would we have sympathy for foreign people knowingly committing a crime and bringing the kids along with them?

This is a really strong argument. I'm gonna start using this in my convos with people, especially those self righteous white folks who try and play the racism angle. Incarcerations are destroying families and we don't oppose it, so why do people who don't even pay taxes get better treatment? Makes no sense.

Good point.

i think they should come in the right way....

you how hard it is to get a residential permit?

i feel some kinda way to just sneak across the border and get in while people are doing the leg work to get there the right way...

but them niggas can hook a lawn the fuck up

I’m torn on this shit too. Living in Houston, we near the border so it’s Mexicans everywhere. These Mexicans coming in and taking the fuck over. They some hard mfn workers and they taking all the jobs. Of course these mfs gon hire them because a lot of them working for little to nothing or working dangerous ass jobs for little to nothing or pretty much under the table.

i think they should come in the right way....

you how hard it is to get a residential permit?

i feel some kinda way to just sneak across the border and get in while people are doing the leg work to get there the right way...

but them niggas can hook a lawn the fuck up

I've worked with a number of folks over the years that came from other countries and got their resident alien status or citizenship. It can be done, and it helps if you have a skill and can get an H1B sponsorship to get brought over quicker. Shit, I even tried to help this DJ from Denmark try to get hooked up with an H1B with BBDO Detroit when I worked there so he could come over legally (he ended up with another company 'cause we weren't looking to sponsor anyone at the time). I have absolutely no problem with people that come here legally. My stepfather and his family came here back inna day and did it the right way, I can't feel sorry for someone that just sneaks in.

Dont live around enough to see the bad side of it. But i mean Texas and the entire southwest was all North Mexico till like 190 years ago. Spanish names and all that. So id probably complsin if i lived out west but i look at like if you dont like them move. Reclaiming what they lost.

Dont live around enough to see the bad side of it. But i mean Texas and the entire southwest was all North Mexico till like 190 years ago. Spanish names and all that. So id probably complsin if i lived out west but i look at like if you dont like them move. Reclaiming what they lost.

If things are up for "claiming" like that then they should be up for protecting. And if they're being protected that really does not delegitimize tough immigration policies.

If things are up for "claiming" like that then they should be up for protecting. And if they're being protected that really does not delegitimize tough immigration policies.

Im not the one to protect it tho. White mans problems. I prefer more black immigrants myself.

Im not the one to protect it tho. White mans problems. I prefer more black immigrants myself.

Is it White man's problems when Black folks start getting passed over for Hispanics in scholarships and jobs due to affirmative action laws and racial biases working in tangent to shut them out? Is it the White man's problem when Hispanics outnumber Black folks and have more voting sway? Is the White man's problem when people can break the law to enter the country and not have their family broken up, while Black folks who break the law watch their kids go to group homes?

This might be more in your political interest than you're leading on.

Back