Welcome To aBlackWeb

What's The Verdict On Lloyd Banks?

5 Grand

Old School Godfather

People say, "he's lazy and could have been one of the greats" but judging from this Youtube clip, he's still doing his thing. Yeah he might not be in the spotlight, but he seems to be doing ok.

Also, if you check his discogs page, he has quite a few mixtapes. It's not like he only has one or two albums, his discography is just as thorough as your favorite MC.

I mean, he had his 15 minutes of fame back circa 2003-2005 and kinda faded into the background, but he has at least a dozen mixtapes and he's still doing shows. He seems to be doing ok from my perspective.

If you rated Banks by the 50 Cent is the Future mixtape and these three albums

50 Cent Is The Future (mixtape)
Beg For Mercy
Hunger For More
Rotten Apple

how does he rate compared to other MCs in his era like Cam'ron, Jadakiss, Jay Z, Nas, 50 Cent, Fat Joe, Ja Rule and even 50 Cent?

Banks has never fallen off lyrically, only as far as mainstream exposure. His AON/Halloween Havoc series is probably top 5 best music coming out of NY circuit as far as the legacy era MCs. I compare him to Styles in the way that they just grow lyrically and have been sharp since day 1! Banks, Styles & Kiss, Jim Jones, Raekwon, Prodigy (RIP), Fab are the true sounds of NY legacy frfr

You can never judge a rapper truly by the signed contract music. Their creativity come out in their mixtapes. Banks mixtapes series are some of the best put out by a rapper.

Banks got bars, but he never really capitalized off of his commercial success. Seems like he's where he wants to be

Call me crazy but i legit think lookin like brian pumper hurt his career.
Na. He was already established. Only thing that hindered his career was the big withdrawal that never dropped. And having to throw together rotten apple. Being in 50 shadow also hurt and hunger for more took too long to drop. Plus rocafella dipset started blowing up in New York at the time of his releases

could've had a better career if he dropped albums more frequently. especially when he made that lil come back in 2010 for a hot minute

Back