Welcome To aBlackWeb

Whats the purpose of an apology?

To let the the person kno' you regret your actions, and you understand that they didn't appreciate them.

It doesn't always mean you not gonna reoffend. You could be sorry you're late, and it was none of your fault.

Or you could be truly sorry but just be unable/unwilling to change your actions. Say you a drug addict or sutten

Or even men of ABW, when you cheat on your wife. If she found out you'd probably be genuinely sorry but that doesn't mean you not gonna do it again and it doesn't mean you don't love her.

Actions be complicated sometimes

Semantics
Oh I disagree. Look how many times other or even yourself has said I'm sorry only for the offending thing to happen again. 'I'm sorry' is just a phrase we use to make ourselves/others feel better but carries little weight. However, if they use the words, 'I regret' it implies a little more than a few seconds have been spent thinking about the issue, lending more chance that they are indeed regretful and much less likely to do it again.

Words, their use, their placement etc has been my jam for the better part of 15yrs. That's how on the IC I could pretty well tell instantly who was who even under assumed names. Because I knew people's speech patterns, words they liked to use, how they structured their sentences etc. Here not so much cuz my time on here is very limited cuz I'm ALWAYS BUSY AF :'(

Oh I disagree. Look how many times other or even yourself has said I'm sorry only for the offending thing to happen again. 'I'm sorry' is just a phrase we use to make ourselves/others feel better but carries little weight. However, if they use the words, 'I regret' it implies a little more than a few seconds have been spent thinking about the issue, lending more chance that they are indeed regretful and much less likely to do it again.

Words, their use, their placement etc has been my jam for the better part of 15yrs. That's how on the IC I could pretty well tell instantly who was who even under assumed names. Because I knew people's speech patterns, words they liked to use, how they structured their sentences etc. Here not so much cuz my time on here is very limited cuz I'm ALWAYS BUSY AF :'(

Words are just words especially if the basically mean the same thing.

If ur being genuine it's like others said accountability, as well as acknowledging the other person's feelings.

Just as bad as a person who never apologizes tho is a person who won't ever accept one.

To potentially diffuse a dangerous situation I’d say
1E4A9C3E-CA25-4FBF-BEFE-F653AA2C6338.gif
it seems that niggas in the hood never heard of an apology before imagine how many lives could be saved if Hood niggas knew how to apologize to each other and move pass the bullshit

idk just my thoughts

Back