Welcome To aBlackWeb

What's More Important: Respect From Fans or Peers?

Respect from fans. That keeps money in the bank accounts. Respect from peers is great, I'd assume, but there are a lot of broke rappers out there that other rappers love.

Definitely a combination of both. You gonna do what pays the bills... But it does create a bit of a child on your shoulder if niggaz you a fan of don't like your shit

In a vacuum I'd say fans don't gotta respect shit as long as they're paying. Whether peers respect me or not is largely inconsequential unless they chose to act on that disrespect or more likely fans of those peers (ex: Drake's fans popping up at Joe Budden's crib).

But this question is dangerously close to asking for permission to sell out

If peer respect mattered, Kevin Hart wouldn't be all in the videos. The fans are the ultimate gauge. Just ask Katt.

Anybody that calls Drake not hip hop is hating

I don’t care if it’s Mos or DMX. That’s hate they are spitting

Fans matter a lot more , those 23 year old chicks that goes to Drake show do not give a flying fuck about Mos Def opinion but Drake does care about his peers opinions on him.

I seen a video with Currensy talking about how dudes in the game you think is cool ain’t shit

I find it weird because music is an art form that should be unique to the person making so wanting props/respect from your “peers” is weird to me.

The peers can also be haters, we see it all the time with the old heads hating on the new generation and refusing to give them their props

Back