Welcome To aBlackWeb

What's More Important: Respect From Fans or Peers?

Goldie

Kobe With The Pivot
Site Owner
We've seen niggas like Mos Def, DMX and other MC's call out Drake as not being a real MC. But he has the biggest fanbase in hiphop.

We've seen the majority of players say MJ/Kobe>>> Lebron, but niggas on Twitter will say differently.

What do you think is more important?

Do you think it bothers a nigga like Drake that a lot of the elite MCs don't view him in that regard?

Same with Lebron?

Fan base is more important, that's the people buying your shit and keeping you on top. Even though Mos is right who gives a shit what he thinks

You also don’t get far caring about what dusty ppl say when comparing inferior players or rappers to you

I agree, if Mims said Drake is trash that's one thing. But Drake had to feel a way hearing DMX shit on him the way he did.

I agree, if Mims said Drake is trash that's one thing. But Drake had to feel a way hearing DMX shit on him the way he did.
Why though? Because he was great for 5 years?

Also imagine caring about the opinion of a guy going in and out of rehab/jail over and over

Gotta take everything into consideration. DMX wasn’t nobody ppl had to respect post 2006 for a lot of ppl

Why though? Because he was great for 5 years?

Also imagine caring about the opinion of a guy going in and out of rehab over and over

Gotta take everything into consideration. DMX wasn’t nobody ppl had to respect post 2006 for a lot of ppl

You hate everybody lol J.Cole made a whole song called "I Let Nas Down". These niggas care.

If the legends you looked up/your peers thought you were trash/mid most would feel a way.

You hate everybody lol J.Cole made a whole song called "I Let Nas Down". These niggas care.

If the legends you looked up/your peers thought you were trash/mid most would feel a way.
Lmao you could be right but idk if Drake cared about X like that

even if he did, how long would he be upset? Especially when you surpassed the guys talking about you as far as greatness

A combination of both.

Although, Respect from the peers isn’t as transparent as some of the peers make it out to be though. A lot of underlying issues can be in there affecting the perception of said person.

Goldie you’re right but still

Fan love is more important

Respect from peers feels nice but there’s no success without fans and as far as basketball respect from peers doesn’t matter at all

Nobody likes Rudy Gobert or respects him but he’s going to go to the hall of fame

And alot of the ppl who don’t mess with him aren’t going

The respect of your peers shit only matters if you actually value that person's opinion. And even amongst your peers opinion are often mixed. Using Drake you'll get niggas like Mos who will say he's not hip hop then niggas like Just Blaze and Jadakiss stay giving him props for being a dope rapper.

Fans matter more because at the end of the day if you're making a career out of this you need their approval to succeed.

If mos def didn’t like me I would legit be upset lmao

I love mos def

If Rakim didn’t I wouldn’t give a fuck and I’d call him a dusty ass nigga

Back