Whatever Happened To.....

This right here...

SMH

Fire.

I truly believe this dude was a huge inspiration for DMX.

Their voices are very similar.

I'm not saying DMX bit his style, I'm sayin' X was probably a fan of this dude.

Damn, I pulled this shit up a coupla months ago. Never even thought to connect his style and DMX tho.

Another prime example..

I heard stories about this chick getting exposed as a total fake and she soon disappeared when it was revealed that she wasn't really from the streets and this was all just a big act.

I don't know if that's true or not, but that's what I heard years ago.

Pretending to be gangsta when in reality, she came from a good family and went to private school.

Maybe some of y'all know the real story.

What's stupid about all of that is that she actually put it on the record. Nobody should have been surprised when she was "exposed" 'cause she put her moms and pops on the album talmbout "you wasn't raised like that, you went to college and private schools, etc..."

Fact is, when she tried to get in on the rap game she dropped everything back home in Detroit and headed out to Cali. She was homeless in Cali for a while, had to slang, sleep on benches, and all that shit. The first time she met Def Jef (the cat that produced "Deeper"), Boss and her DJ Dee were living in a run down motel in Compton. When she met her soon-to-be managers in Cali, Boss walked into their office shoe-less. For almost three years, she lived a fucked up hood ass lifestyle until she got put on with Def Jam.

As for right now, she's back at her parents crib in Detroit in need of a kidney transplant... a second one.

I don't know about that....

But THESE guys are..

Yeah, Cool C was finna be the first rapper to catch a lethal injection until he got a last minute stay of execution back in 2015... And when I say last minute I mean it was literally hours before he was supposed to die.

Also regarding Boss: http://articles.latimes.com/1993-08-22/entertainment/ca-26294_1_rap

Q: Were you raised in the kind of gang areas you rap about on the album?

A: No, I had a very proper upbringing. I went to ballet classes, went to college (Oakland Community College near Detroit) for a while--did all that proper stuff. But it wasn't me. I had this wild thing in me that drove me to rap . . . that drove me to the streets. I didn't start living till I got out of that proper s---. That's when the real me got out of the cage.

^^^That interview was from '93. She freely admitted the wasn't from the hood, yet the WSJ piece somehow was what discredited her. How the fuck are you "exposed" when you put it on the album and talk about it openly in interviews?

Reactions: onetoughmiracle
Another prime example..

I heard stories about this chick getting exposed as a total fake and she soon disappeared when it was revealed that she wasn't really from the streets and this was all just a big act.

I don't know if that's true or not, but that's what I heard years ago.

Pretending to be gangsta when in reality, she came from a good family and went to private school.

Maybe some of y'all know the real story.

I heard the same thing.