Welcome To aBlackWeb

What Was (Without Question) Your Best / Favorite Job?

Allah_U_Akbar

What made (makes) this particular job so special?

Do you still work there?

If so, how long have you been there?

If not, how long did you work there and why did you leave?

Best/favorite job.

The one I got now. The reason why I like it so much is cause I ain't stuck at a desk all day, even though I do have a desk for admin stuff. I'm all over this installation in diff. buildings and some times catch a few zzzs in they conference rooms or empty offices. A lot of these tasks actually get repetitive and some of the customers don't realize this.

Oh, and having wifi helps. Be downloading all kinds of movies, youtube vids, for when I get home.

Love my job now but my favorite job until the one I got now was when I worked at att in 2011 for about a year

Everyone was around my age and we would hang out after work and drink and chill

Job wasn’t hard so everyone was making decent money. I foolishly quit because I found another job for more money but att had better opportunities within to get promoted but my dumbass didn’t care. I tried going back but they wouldn’t take me back

I used to work for a digital ad agency in the late 90s in Manhattan and the nonstop industry parties were the stuff of legends.

We weren't getting paid crazy high but the drugs, free food and booze and the casual hookups more than made up for all that.

What Was (Without Question) Your Best / Favorite Job?
ConEdison

What made (makes) this particular job so special?
It's special because you know about things the average NewYorker don't know about NYC

Do you still work there?
Nope

If so, how long have you been there? If not, how long did you work there and why did you leave?
5 years.
I left because I got injured and was tired of driving to emergencies doing strenuous construction work

TSA was the funnest cuz of the people, the money and benefits were good too. I fucked that one up

ADT was top tier cuz of how much dumb shit we did. And the poker parties we used to throw. Plus I love direct sales

Also loved the amount of down time and freedom I got from Canon. I was working like 2-3 hours a day sometimes, getting paid for 8. That's when I used to spend a lotta time on IC/ABW.... desktop is way better than mobile for forum posting

This job now pays pretty well, I get to drink and eat for free. And I like restaurant work. Some current staffing issues. But nothing that won't sink the ship.

Foot Locker in high school. Everybody hung out at the mall so going to work was like getting paid to hang out. We had a sound system we could control too so we’d be playing all the new shit while working. Always had a food hookup so ate for free every shift.

Stole thousands of dollars of shoes while there too and made money selling most of those to the neighborhood drug dealers.

2nd best would be when I worked in FX for the parent company of North Face/Vans/Timberland/etc. Major banks would smooze us to get trades. Took a business trip to NYC and was taken to all the top ranked restaurants and bars for free for 3 days straight. Went to Panthers games and watched from the banks’ sky boxes. Shit was so fire.

I love where I am now. I work in a courthouse and directly with the public. Most of my coworkers are cool. I'm not a networking person but I've met and hung out with a number of attorneys, judges, etc.

However, I worked at a law firm from 2011-2016 and I loved that job. I worked in records and was in charge of two offices. Catered staff meetings, top notch benefits and autonomy (I tell people all the time, there's nothing like it and you miss it when you don't have it anymore). The firm threw a huge baby shower for my wife and I and pretty much cleared our registry. That job was the best one that I had.

The job I'm at now is definitely the second best

Worked at miller brewery for a summer back in 2010 as a temp.

Fun place to work because for what they pay their actual employees is a lot of money for them not to have a degree and not have to do much at work but mostly sit, hit a button, monitor things and make sure production is running, or move raw materials on a lift.

They gave free beer every Thursday. I wasn’t a beer drinker so I made a secret side hustle.

Them dudes was making so much money they was buying stupid shit just because. This one dude bought a speed boat.

After 2010 I tried hella times to get on permanently but never could

Probably 17-18 when i was working at this restaurant and was fuckin with the chicks there. Fun while you young cuz its not long term and with no benefits i was coming to work high as fuck and smashing all the free food but would never work in that field again.

Best/favorite job.

The one I got now. The reason why I like it so much is cause I ain't stuck at a desk all day, even though I do have a desk for admin stuff. I'm all over this installation in diff. buildings and some times catch a few zzzs in they conference rooms or empty offices. A lot of these tasks actually get repetitive and some of the customers don't realize this.

Oh, and having wifi helps. Be downloading all kinds of movies, youtube vids, for when I get home.
Same

19 working at Sams Club in the electronics department

Shit was hella fun and easy working with your friends.

On Sundays and Saturdays when I worked I had all the college and NFL games playing just chilling.

Worked at the airport one summer, shit was decent and there was zero supervision, could work as much or as little as I wanted. Worked for a company that would help disabled passengers make their connecting flights. Most of the time was spent doing shit like racing wheelchairs down the jet bridges that weren’t currently in use. People use to smash in there too.

I work on and off at a music venue doing box office, security or whatever may be needed. Club vibes most nights.

It's a lot of chilling, cracking jokes, talking shit, flirty ass women, and sometimes u just by the stage catching the show. Had some big names too.

It's literally night and day compared to the day job.

Back