Welcome To aBlackWeb

COMMUNITY What Type Of Texter Are You?

two thumbs and im short af unless we're really discussing something

not really into holding my phone all day

oddly swipe only works when im buzzing good

you gotta be fluent like water on some drunken master shit

All the buttons are too close together for a nigga, shit's annoying. I don't use the phone for shit but to make a call. I can type a long ass paragraph in secs on a laptop, that shit'll take me 2 hrs on the phone.

I still don't really know. My brother uses it.

We had a texting race to see if that swype crap was a faster technique...

...he won, but ion like swype.
All it is, is instead of pressing each key you glide over them without lifting your finger. So if i wanted to type "and" start by pressing "A" then without lifting your finger move to the "N" then to the "D".
_kkREt.gif

Last edited:

because a phone call is faster and communicates far more than a text ever will. It's not always about what you say, but how you say it... tone, inflection all play a role in communication. I can send a text saying "can you do xyz for me? it's an emergency", but unless you hear the tone of my voice, the energy I have about the situation, the gravitas will be lost on you. It can be the difference between doing it or doing it now. There's more to communication than just words. With text you only get words on a screen that can be interpreted in any way. When speaking to the other person you're given far more information more efficiently than can be conveyed in 160 characters.

Besides that there's the whole issue of being constantly available which I find particularly annoying. I'm not always available and I'm not going to make myself available or accessible in order for someone to ask dumb shit like "wyd?". I'm available to my family at all times but even they know to call me if I'm have to step out and they need something urgently. No one else gets that level of access to me and that's how it should be for everyone. For your own sanity you need to be able to simply "be" without interruption. The expectations that people have built around text messages breaks the ability to just be; you're expected to respond to messages in a "timely" manner otherwise you're being rude, so there's pressure on you to send a text back whenever you hear or see an indication that one has been received. A phonecall can go into voicemail and no one expects you to turn around and call them back immediately, but they will with a text.

Paradoxically, the more I work with and immerse myself into technology such as this the more I seek to disconnect myself from it when I see it having a negative effect on our lives. It's the reason I no longer have a social media presence. It's the reason I limit my use of my cellphone. It's the reason I refuse to buy a car made after 2015 (Congress mandated and enforced GPS tracking via "black box" recorders in every car built after 2015), it's part of the reason I still spin with vinyl over Serato and would prefer to have a hardware-based recording environment over an "in-the-box" setup.

Back