Welcome To aBlackWeb

What states make up the south? 🤔

DC is not the South. To me it Va to FL to Texas. If you used to have confederate schools it’s the south.

But VA has a strong eastern influence especially in the northern part. Lots of military. But NC is definitely south.

a0411cfff81dbaaa3065dfc86e9f3122.jpg

of course, technically, it's the ones below the mason-dixon

but ion count Oklahoma & Arkansas is pushin it

I’m from NJ so I think anything from Carolinas and below are indeed the south. If snow / Blizzards are not your main concern EVERY YEAR then you are in the south. I know some southern states get lil bits of snow today, but it ain’t normal at all. When ever someone says IM GOING DOWN SOUTH (does not say a state) it’s always Virginia or North Carolina. Since a kid I used to say “WELL WHICH STATE” and people would look at me weird. Florida, Texas, Arizona, New Orleans, Louisiana, etc southern states. They would always shout North Carolina or Virginia. When they say I’m going to Florida, they would say Florida, same with every state instead of North Carolina and Virginia.

North VA around DC and Maryland feels like any random up north city.

But thats only like 10-15% of the state.

The rest of that state is as South as it gets imo.

AZ get's it

VA had/has the schools, streets, statues,etc for the racist confederate fucks, just like everywhere else in the south. And I'm strictly talking bout NoVA

It's simple, if your state fought for the confederacy, you the south

Maryland is the south because it's below the Mason Dixon line and the damn state flag has a racist/confederate inspired portion to it. Culturally because a good portion of people in Maryland are only 1 or 2 generations removed from the south there's definitely also a stronger southern feel than a northern feel to it. But it's not somewhere I'd tell somebody to go if they're looking for a true southern experience. That don't really start until you either hit the super rural parts of Maryland or Virginia.

AZ get's it

VA had/has the schools, streets, statues,etc for the racist confederate fucks, just like everywhere else in the south. And I'm strictly talking bout NoVA

It's simple, if your state fought for the confederacy, you the south
Idk how it is now cause I aint been there since the whole take down the statues and confederate flag movement, but when I was there right before all that, I saw more confederate flags in VA than any other state ever. They had that huge confederate flag on route 81.

VA the south

Last edited:
Back