DEBATE What region does seafood the best (spinoff)

Vote

• Total voters
lol, c'mon bruh, stop that.. you said what you said...

Du; maryland is a seafood state
ap: maybe for people who don't know shit about seafood, but imma chill
Du: yea chill, lol you act like your state the only seafood state in america
ap: i never said that
du::smh:

now you making a thread about it, lol.....

this ain't even a conversation unless there's folk who've been to both just to eat seafood.....

MD known for it's crabs and oysters...it is what it is.....

Maryland blue crabs are a real thing,......they are very specific to our region.....

i don't know what else to tell you bruh, if you never had a maryland blue crab.....i can say you missing out... but aye whatever...i never had crawfish...they don't grow in MD,......it's a regional thing bruh

are you even reading my posts today? lol

@caddo man just elaborated my point for me

foh with that bland shit too, i don't know what establishments y'all be going to, but i don't eat bland food....

LMAO

personal experience post

but i cant remember this spot i was taken to in Maryland (no not Baltimore) and something on the menu was supposed to be some Louisiana inspired dish and they had the nerve to put in fine print something about this was a really spicy dish

got that plate, and was like "where is the hot sauce, salt and pepper"

From a person that has eaten fish tacos in San Diego
Salmon in LA
Crab and oysters in Maryland
Low Country boil in South Carolina
From Louisiana
Stayed in Virginia

I say yes the crab and oyster thing is real in Maryland. Also I heard about the New England oyster cooks.
The west coast generally eats what the south eats outside of grilled. Their grilled fish is on another level.
And yeah the south seasons everything and everything is good. Salty sometimes but good.

Carribean seafood gets a honorable mention because they are cheating. They are literally islands. What else are they going to eat?

a lot of time "inspired" dishes are chef's using the ingredients that the folk from that region are instructing them to use.....

so if the food doesn't taste authentic someone was mislead.....

one of my favorite seafood restaurants have several louisiana inspired dishes....

if you come up you gotta try them and let me know how authentic they taste

https://www.catonsvillegourmet.com/menu/

a lot of time "inspired" dishes are chef's using the ingredients that the folk from that region are instructing them to use.....

so if the food doesn't taste authentic someone was mislead.....

one of my favorite seafood restaurants have several louisiana inspired dishes....

if you come up you gotta try them and let me know how authentic they taste

https://www.catonsvillegourmet.com/menu/

I might have to come up to Pa during the summer time. You know I have to hit B-more if I have time.
This will be on my list.

• Crab Cakes

$28.99 (2), $19.99 (1)
    Two Lump Crab Cakes – Served with our Potato-Ham Hash & French Beans – Creole Drizzle
    One Crab Cake Dinner....

• French Quarter Shrimp

$26.99
    Jumbo Texas Brown Gulf Shrimp Sautéed with a Trinity of Peppers, Onions and a Zesty Andouille Sausage Finished with a Garlic Herb White Wine Sauce, Served over Cheddar and Applewood Bacon Grits

• Bouillabaisse

$24.99
    Our Classic Version of "Fisherman's Stew" – Shrimp, Mussels, Clams & Fresh Fish Finished with an Herb & Garlic Seafood Broth – Garlic Toast Garnish

• The Big Tuna

$28.99
    "Supreme" Yellow Fin Tuna – Chargrilled – Topped with a Ginger Teriyaki Compound Butter Served Over Roasted Pineapple & Shrimp Fried Rice, Fried Wonton Garnish

• Salmon Five-O

$26.99
    Sugar Mesquite Grilled Salmon Fillet – Basted with an Asian BBQ Sauce & Served Over Udon Noodles Garnished with Stir Fried Veggies & an Asian Broth – Seaweed Salad Garnish

• Entree Additions

$3.99
    Add a small House, small Caesar or a small Spinach Salad to any Entrée for

• Skip Jack Rock

$31.99
    Crispy Pan Fried Rockfish Fillet – Topped with (2) Fried Chincoteague Oysters, Laced With a French Pommerey Mustard Sauce – Served With Roasted Fingerling Potatoes & Vegetable Medley

• Romesco Trout

$25.99
    Idaho Rainbow Trout - Herb Oil Basted & Char Grilled – Finished With a Spanish Romesco Sauce. Served Over a Portabella Mushroom, Asparagus, Bell Pepper & Roasted Fingerling Sauté.

• Maple Leaf Duck Breast

$29.99
    Rosemary Marinated Maple Leaf Duck Breast – Char Grilled & Sliced (Med.). Served Over a Cherry Wood Bacon, Spinach & Potato Gnocchi Sauté.

• Blue Crab Strozzapretti & Shrimp

$31.99
    Smoked Gouda, Basil & Sherry in a Creamy Béchamel Sauce – Swimming With Lump Blue Crab. Tossed with a Strozzapretti Pasta – Topped with (2) Jumbo Grilled Gulf Shrimp

• Scallops Carbonara

$31.99
    Jumbo Diver Scallops (4) – Pan Seared & Resting in a Creamy Cherry Wood Bacon & Sage Reduction with Green Peas & Mushrooms – Served Over a Fresh Fettuccini

Sorry to read that

Pizza is next, I'm sure you'll have an opinion then

Didn't we do that on the IC already? I swear we did and a grip of us threw out that Walmart Marketplace pizza and even got a few new converts to that deliciousness in a box.

The SOUF by far man. That's not even a debate.

Naw. The south aint about to take credit for Louisiana and South-West Mississippi

Y'all seriously need to travel to Seattle and Tacoma. Seafood and Fish out there will change ya life. I had just basic ass beer battered fish and chips for lunch at this spot in Seattle called Cutters Bayhouse (now called Cutters Crabhouse). The fish they used was halibut instead of cod and they used some sort of locally brewed beer in the batter and rounded it out with a local IPA. Shit was astounding. Haven't had anything like it since.

Last edited:
Reactions: SeaSnake
Grew up in Maryland so I’m all about that seafood life. Nothin like getting a shit ton of hard shell crabs and chillin on the porch eating them in the summer. Louisiana tho go some bangin seafood as well. Them Gulf shrimp boy, can eat em all day.

I can’t choose between the two. Unique in their own styles.

Reactions: SeaSnake