Welcome To aBlackWeb

What is the plural of the letter E?

add another e and d

succeeded
Two E’s. TF
Man this shit so dumb I'm here questionin' whether succeeds is a word smh. close this thread before we all get dumber Billy Madison I award you no points style

Obviously nobody understands the question.

I'm going to say a sentence and post it up on Soundcloud.

I want you to write the sentence the way I say it.

giphy.gif

Every time I see this nigga I hear “KANE!”

Obviously nobody understands the question.

I'm going to say a sentence and post it up on Soundcloud.

I want you to write the sentence the way I say it.

yea

obviously someone doesn't understand

but it's not who you think it is

:think2: :think3:

'Succeed' is spelt with two E's.
Succeed is spelled with Two e's.

Like I SAID in my first post.

An apostrophe would make it possessive. When you make a word plural you never add an apostrophe .

1. I had two basketballs
2. He has three cars
3. There were 10 girls at the party

If you look at the plural words basketballs, cars, girls, none of them have an apostrophe.

An apostrophe would make it possessive. When you make a word plural you never add an apostrophe .

1. I had two basketballs
2. He has three cars

If you look at the plural words basketballs, cars, girls, none of them have an apostrophe.
I agree, but that is how it's written.

1. I had two basketballs
2. He has three cars

In general we form plurals by adding -s or -es, perhaps after altering the spelling, according to specific rules. But we generally do not use an apostrophe.

The exception to that rule, however, is that we do use an apostrophe when we pluralize a word (or a letter, number, or symbol) that refers to itself. In these cases it’s also acceptable to omit the apostrophe if the result is clear and unambiguous.

Examples:

YES: This sentence employs two a's, two c's, two d's, twenty-eight e's, five f's, three g's, eight h's, eleven i's, three l's, two m's, thirteen n's, nine o's, two p's, five r's, twenty-five s's, twenty-three t's, six v's, ten w's, two x's, five y's, and one z. (Source)
NO: H̶i̶s̶ ̶h̶a̶n̶d̶w̶r̶i̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶m̶a̶k̶e̶s̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶h̶a̶r̶d̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶d̶i̶s̶t̶i̶n̶g̶u̶i̶s̶h̶ ̶b̶e̶t̶w̶e̶e̶n̶ ̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶a̶s̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶u̶s̶.̶

YES: I think that that sentence has one too many that’s.
YES: I think that that sentence has one too many thats.

YES: My friend was in his 60s in the ‘60s.

YES: I quit studying grammar because there are too many do’s and dont’s.
YES: I quit studying grammar because there are too many DO’s and DON’T’s.
YES: I quit studying grammar because there are too many DOs and DON’Ts.
NO: I̶ ̶q̶u̶i̶t̶ ̶s̶t̶u̶d̶y̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶g̶r̶a̶m̶m̶a̶r̶ ̶b̶e̶c̶a̶u̶s̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶r̶e̶ ̶a̶r̶e̶ ̶t̶o̶o̶ ̶m̶a̶n̶y̶ ̶d̶o̶s̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶d̶o̶n̶'̶t̶s̶.̶

Chicago style uses an apostrophe for the plural of lowercase single letters (x’s and o’s), but for little else (for instance, we write “dos and don’ts”).

Back