Welcome To aBlackWeb

What is fake outrage?

Ok so the past 4 or 5 years social media became a big platform for social justice and especially for minorities. Almost every fuck is made public especially anything racist or involving sexual assualt. Companies are making apologies some companies are losing money for a period of time. And the people accused of these fuck ups are usually middle aged white dudes with alot of privilege. We know middle aged white dudes tend to get real defensive when called out on their bs. They make phrases like Social Justice Warrior and statements on how companies are appealing to non whites by making a black Spiderman. And they use the term fake outrage alot which i see used here all the time.

First time i saw the term fake outrage was around when the redskins name debate popped back up. Folks were saying "we didnt see these protests 15 to 20 to 30 years ago why do they care now" and Natives shot that shit down because they have been against the name but nobody paid attention because back then the mainstream did not care to report on it.

In some intances i can see how jumping into a certain cause (especially by a liberal white person) is just to be trendy like the whole Kony child soldier thing that was on facebook a few years ago. And if its no follow up to the outrage its just hot air.

But are we going to get to acpoint where we start to think nothing is genuine. I saw this alot with R.Kelly situation how foljs were saying they been knew but still listened. Despite most of the peope who are against R.Kelly now were kods when his first pee tape came out. I think i was in like 8th grade. So of course we get older and learn more. But i feel like the fake outrage idea is making it seem like every offense is not really offensive because you aren't the offended party

Outrage should spark you into action. Not into clicking away on your phone.

If the beginning and ending of your outrage is how many likes, comments, and retweets you get for regurgitating talking points fed to you from god knows where, yes... your outrage is fake and you need to come to terms with that.

You're offended, but you're not outraged. You don't like it, but you're not outraged by it. You don't support it, but you rather pretend that your personal condemnation means anything to anyone other than yourself.

Your outrage is fake. Your self righteous indignation is real.

If the beginning and ending of your outrage is how many likes, comments, and retweets you get for regurgitating talking points fed to you from god knows where, yes... your outrage is fake and you need to come to terms with that.

You're offended, but you're not outraged. You don't like it, but you're not outraged by it. You don't support it, but you rather pretend that your personal condemnation means anything to anyone other than yourself.

This is a good summation...if your reaction doesn’t extend beyond online interactions you probably really aren’t all that outraged.

Ok so the past 4 or 5 years social media became a big platform for social justice and especially for minorities. Almost every fuck is made public especially anything racist or involving sexual assualt. Companies are making apologies some companies are losing money for a period of time. And the people accused of these fuck ups are usually middle aged white dudes with alot of privilege. We know middle aged white dudes tend to get real defensive when called out on their bs. They make phrases like Social Justice Warrior and statements on how companies are appealing to non whites by making a black Spiderman. And they use the term fake outrage alot which i see used here all the time.

First time i saw the term fake outrage was around when the redskins name debate popped back up. Folks were saying "we didnt see these protests 15 to 20 to 30 years ago why do they care now" and Natives shot that shit down because they have been against the name but nobody paid attention because back then the mainstream did not care to report on it.

In some intances i can see how jumping into a certain cause (especially by a liberal white person) is just to be trendy like the whole Kony child soldier thing that was on facebook a few years ago. And if its no follow up to the outrage its just hot air.

But are we going to get to acpoint where we start to think nothing is genuine. I saw this alot with R.Kelly situation how foljs were saying they been knew but still listened. Despite most of the peope who are against R.Kelly now were kods when his first pee tape came out. I think i was in like 8th grade. So of course we get older and learn more. But i feel like the fake outrage idea is making it seem like every offense is not really offensive because you aren't the offended party

We have the entirety of human knowledge accessible in our pockets. Most of the shit that people claim to be outraged about today is shit that they've always known about but never gave a fuck about until someone pressed the issue on social media. That's when they claim to be upset about it. All of this shit could have been looked up. Folks have no problem looking up bullshit all day long but nobody cared to google R Kelly's behavior? Nah b, I ain't buying it.

R Kelly's music sold despite the piss tape. His music sold despite him fucking and impregnating an underage Alliyah. The nigga branded himself as a pedo pied piper in the open and nobody gave a shit. It was no secret that the nigga was dirty, but nobody cared. Other singers got songs written by him, niggas was lining up to get features and live performances with the nigga. It wasn't until the documentary than suddenly people wanted to get pissed.

But for what? None of this was a secret. None of this was hidden. It was ALL very much public and nobody cared. When social media told niggas to care, that's when they cared. But I guarantee you that nobody deleted them mp3's, nobody got rid of their CD's or old tapes in the closet. This shit is all a front, 'cause when the next easily researched, social media fueled "controversy" rears it's head R Kelly will be forgotten and "Ignition" will still be gettin played at the cookout.

Last edited:
If a nigga sees an old dude going at a teen and doesn't provoke an action to stop a potential assault.....but wants to get online and act like rkelly is the worse kinda dude.....fake outrage.

If a dude sees a young chick and can unferstand why dudes go at her but thinks rkelly should be shot for being around high schools.....fake outrage

If at the end of the kelz series, if a person was angry and ranting online and didn't or doesn't make an effort to see what they can do to help stop this practice, protect the women in their family of their female friends and just went on about their day until reminded about it again
....fake outrage

If niggas ain't got a problem with armed dudes oppressing whole hoods and people just trying to get to work but thinks only a pedo preys on the weak......fake outrage.

If only kelz got you angry but Harvey should not be talked about because your either a supporter of kelz and deflecting or simply bringing up white folk because you support kelz is apart of the argument.....fake outrage

If the depth of one mans actions supercede the history of others....fake .outrage

Last edited:
Fake outrage is subjective and people say it as a means to deflect and minimize how someone feels about something. As far as I’m concerned that’s nothing more than a red herring.

I agree with this but I also think people mistake somebody giving their opinion on something as 'outrage'.....like when you're talking to somebody and they use that "why are you mad" shit when you're just having a conversation.

And last....
If a person talks about how much they hate dude after the series but makes jokes about when female teachers sleep with students.....fake outrage
I agree with this too...but the caveat is that there's no way to really know unless you know these avatars irl. Like we've all done the "the same ppl that say this was the same ones saying that" or "nobody cared when such and such happened" knowing they're not about to tally who said what when. It's a cheap and lazy argument tactic.

There is such a thing as fake outrage. You just have to look at the details.

To me, if someone suddenly gets upset at something that's been there just cause they saw it on TV in a recent time frame, that's fake outrage.

If someone decides to complain about an issue but NEVER take action on said issue, fake outrage.

If they only take up issues because they hate THAT person, fake outrage.

I agree with this too...but the caveat is that there's no way to really know unless you know these avatars irl. Like we've all done the "the same ppl that say this was the same ones saying that" or "nobody cared when such and such happened" knowing they're not about to tally who said what when. It's a cheap and lazy argument tactic.
I do.....I am aware of most stances on things. I take subconcious mental note on things.

Fake outrage is one of the reasons why I don't log on FB as much these days and some people playing fake woke games like Chance The Rapper.

Fake outrage is one of the reasons why I don't log on FB as much these days and some people playing fake woke games like Chance The Rapper.
Chance about to get the attention he been looking for. It's women in Chicago ready to tell what he and his niggas was doing in high school.

Back