What Is Dr.Dre's Best Beat?

The way Dre extended and flipped the beat. Top notch.

Yeah so random I was talking to friend few weeks ago and I thought there was a Quincey sample in the tune somewhere, when I looked it up it was that dude, who Ive never heard of before... Like you said, Dre worked wonders with it...

When I was in high school, the Asian kids used to drive around bumping Boys In The Hood (Remix). And it was usually people that you wouldn't expect to be into Hip Hop. This was circa 1988/89/90/91. The song itself came out in 1988, but people used to bump it in their cars all throughout high school.

I didn't really understand it at the time because I had never been inside of a car that had 18" woofers, and I didn't smoke weed either. I knew the song Boys In The Hood (Remix) and I'd go home and listen to Eazy E's album on my boom box, but I couldn't understand what the Asian kids liked about the song. It was a mystery to me.

Many many many years later, I listened to the song on proper speakers and I had flashbacks of high school. It must have been 10 years later that I listened to Boys In The Hood (Remix) and I realized why the Asian kids would always blast that song in their cars.

Also, the story he was telling and the slang he was using was foreign to me, so I didn't really understand what he was rapping about.

Boys In The Hood (Remix) is a good example of a song that you don't appreciate when you first hear it, and many years later you notice something about the song that makes you see (or hear) that song in a new light.

Reactions: Goldie