Welcome To aBlackWeb

What is a self made man?

DOS_patos

Unverified Legion of Trill member
was having a conversation with some people after watching a show.
on the show, the lady said how she was taught from a child that her grandfather was a self made man.
and because of that they was rich.
she always talked about him and how proud she was of him.
then she did some digging. and found out he owned slaves and all he had gained was from free labor. and now she was ashamed of talking about how he was self made.

she felt he wasnt self made because of the free labor that help him build an empire.

I agreed with the woman. while he had to buy the slaves...he breed them and got more workers and with all the wages he didnt have to pay he was able to get more slaves and expand.

but others said...he was self made because he had to invest in the slaves and he had to have a plan to grow his business.

the way i see it...is its easy to do when you have nothing but profit coming in. that doesnt make you self made...that makes you dependant on the slave labor.

then another example came up.
Kimora lee simmons.
She was a model when she met russell.
russell built the empire...he did all the leg work.
she used his network and empire to create babyphat.
i dont think shes self made....russell is self made.

the other people said...but she had to utilize the network and connections to create babyphat. so that makes her self made.

now i ask abw....what do yall think?
what is a self made man or person?

I agree with you in both in examples. The slave owner just had a disgraceful come up, but he was self made. Kimora got rich cuz her husband was rich.

I agree with you in both in examples. The slave owner just had a disgraceful come up, but he was self made. Kimora got rich cuz her husband was rich.

so if i bought bitcoin without knowing what it was and became a millionaire....am i self made?

is daymond john a self made man?

is trump a self made man?

so if i bought bitcoin without knowing what it was and became a millionaire....am i self made?

is daymond john a self made man?

is trump a self made man?

The only one on the list that wouldn't be self made is Trump. He's been a millionaire since birth.

If you were smart enough to make the right investments, yea.
so anyone who dont know shit about investing...and someone told them it would be a good bet in 2014........and that dumb ass person forgot about it...even tho they was talked into buying something they didnt understand you would consider self made millionaire now?

so all the people who have financial advisers are self made millionaire too?

you wanna be putin today bruh?

well damn it lets pute

so anyone who dont know shit about investing...and someone told them it would be a good bet in 2014........and that dumb ass person forgot about it...even tho they was talked into buying something they didnt understand you would consider self made millionaire now?

so all the people who have financial advisers are self made millionaire too?

you wanna be putin today bruh?

well damn it lets pute

You don't have to be a master investor to get props for investing. If you're smart enough to invest in something and it blows up, I can't hate on that.

i am talking about putting in the footwork.
daymond john had financial help from his mom....but he did all the footwork for his dream. i see that as self made

kimora....had all the money and connections from russell....all she had to do was make a few calls and point at some designs.....but people will still call her self made

Still self made tho lol

self made in an "I hit the Powerball" sense. But not truly self made.

I could see if this person was actively mining BTC back in 2009-2010 when it was cheap and easy, stopped, then years later found that it was worth thousands each.

I mean Russel fucked mad bitches, only Kimora came up.

If the only way to be self made is come up with a creative idea and doing all the work, no one is gonna be self made cause no idea is original.

Back