Welcome To aBlackWeb

What if Kanye never dropped 808 and Heartbreaks

808s wasnt kanyes first use of autotune he did it on college dropout

John legend on Graduation Day
Jesus walks
Never let u down -spoken word poetry part

Kanye didn't do anything new on 808s, he did what was already poppin. Yall really trying to erase T Pain from the history books.

The production is wildly different.

That 808’s sound birthed that whole early 40 wave with the excessive reverb and all that.

Now I’m not discounting Pain is what inspired him to go that direction. But the production is different definitely in a technical sense

The production is wildly different.

That 808’s sound birthed that whole early 40 wave with the excessive reverb and all that.

Now I’m not discounting Pain is what inspired him to go that direction. But the production is different definitely in a technical sense
Lol I ve been saying this

I wouldn't have been so hesitant to listen to mbdtf. I went into that album without peeping any singles figuring he was going to he singing in autotune more, but was pleasantly surprised. Did the same with yeezus. Big mistake. Didnt do the same with TLOP and that asshole used the best songs off the album for singles. I was fucking hype for that shit.

Kanye didn't do anything new on 808s, he did what was already poppin. Yall really trying to erase T Pain from the history books.

He wasn't the first to do autotune but he the one who made it OK for any artist to do it and he the one who popularised this victim ting a lotta these new guys are on

Drake did not bite 808s

Bite is the wrong word and doesn't belong in this thread imo

Whether it not Drake was directly influenced by 808s is a discussion but what I think is clear is that Kanye and 808s created a path for people like Drake to follow.

Probably shouldnt have used that word 'follow' coz of the bitin' connotations it has but that's what happened

Back