Welcome To aBlackWeb

What Happened to Dave East voice?

Why he doesn't rap like this anymore? His voice used to be more versatile now all of his songs are in the same monotone cadence.

Listen to this

Then he went to this shit

I mean one is from 5 years ago, folks go through a lot in that time especially in the music industry. Also those songs have two different subject matters and beats so it makes sense to adjust your tone accordingly

Rapper’s voices do change over time but Dave been rapping with the same monotone cadence and flow for about 3-4 years now

It’s who he is now

kairi chanel he sounded hopeful like he was gonna have a great career then reality set in
THANK YOU. Bro this my exact thoughts. Like he doesn't rap inspired anymore. Even the energetic songs he raps the same monotone way. It's like he is trying to do some Jadakiss shit and it's weird.

Y'all I'm talking more like his hunger in his voice is gone. Like he raps lazy and uninspired
Complacency

it’s why he:

Never crossed over
Started acting
Never made a GREAT body of work
Has little to no commercial appeal
Still puts videos on worldstar

he can rap but it’s not enough you have to want bigger and better for yourself musically as well.

Think about this…he formed a group with Lloyd banks and Vado….in 2021

FD3D95EB-7B4A-4605-8639-282D0C808C91.gif

He was always sounding the same on every song. Kairi Chanel was the last thing I liked from him. I thought he would evolve but By the time he got to those trash ass paranoia mixtapes. I gave up. I forgot all about him

Complacency

it’s why he:

Never crossed over
Started acting
Never made a GREAT body of work
Has little to no commercial appeal
Still puts videos on worldstar

he can rap but it’s not enough you have to want bigger and better for yourself musically as well.

Think about this…he formed a group with Lloyd banks and Vado….in 2021

View attachment 793362
Damn, they formed The Underachievers and didn't invite Juelz?

All I know is that he sounds terrible when he does Meth's verses on the Wu show, but that might be less about him and more about it being difficult to sound like Meth.

Back