Welcome To aBlackWeb

What Happened In......PRIMM'S HOOD CINEMA

And his point at the end was golden.
This movie was highly racist.
It was teaching white people to fear black teenagers.. Even the worst schools in black communities weren't like that every day. All that shit happening in one day?? That's not normal at any school. But this was during the war on drugs era, and white America wanted to believe black America was a constant war zone

And his point at the end was golden.
This movie was highly racist.
It was teaching white people to fear black teenagers.. Even the worst schools in black communities weren't like that every day. All that shit happening in one day?? That's not normal at any school. But this was during the war on drugs era, and white America wanted to believe black America was a constant war zone

I don't even know if you can call it racist though. This movie came out in that whole "tough on crime" era. It hurt blacks and browns more for sure, but the point is that around that time, people really thought the best way to handle troubled kids was to be as hard on them as possible. That's where shit like Scared Straight came from too. I mean they were literally taking kids into jails and letting hardened criminals threat to rape them.

I don't even know if you can call it racist though. This movie came out in that whole "tough on crime" era. It hurt blacks and browns more for sure, but the point is that around that time, people really thought the best way to handle troubled kids was to be as hard on them as possible. That's where shit like Scared Straight came from too. I mean they were literally taking kids into jails and letting hardened criminals threat to rape them.
Racist in the sense that average white people thought this is how average black people lived.

Black homes while effected by the drugs and violence.... The shit fun this movie wasn't the norm. That shit was extreme to us too. I can remember one or two extreme events happening at school.. But that shit was like 20 extreme events daily.... Shit was super hyper exploitation. Shit like that and dangerous minds. That's not how real life was.... But these movies made you them think it was. They really thought there was that much of a division between us and them. Which is racist in design

Racist in the sense that average white people thought this is how average black people lived.

Black homes while effected by the drugs and violence.... The shit fun this movie wasn't the norm. That shit was extreme to us too. I can remember one or two extreme events happening at school.. But that shit was like 20 extreme events daily.... Shit was super hyper exploitation. Shit like that and dangerous minds. That's not how real life was.... But these movies made you them think it was. They really thought there was that much of a division between us and them. Which is racist in design

I get what you're saying. lol I ain't gonna lie. It didn't just affect nonblacks. I'm from the South, so when I was young and saw movies like that about life up north, I really believed it was like that. The funny thing is we actually did have fights every day at school, but for some reason, those shows and movies made things look so much worse.

Nutso dying is the funniest shit lol

Was mad unnecessary

Also laughed at the part when Bernie mac died because it was like pac was upset about that pickle head comment lol

I get what you're saying. lol I ain't gonna lie. It didn't just affect nonblacks. I'm from the South, so when I was young and saw movies like that about life up north, I really believed it was like that. The funny thing is we actually did have fights every day at school, but for some reason, those shows and movies made things look so much worse.
Yeah it made us think worse of our lives.

The were a lot of fights at school..... But that shit wasn't like dangerous minds or lean on me

Maybe but it's still something you'll find in at least 50% of black ppl' s collection.

I like that shit personally but I'm biased to anything music related especially rap/ hip hop related.

This is what sealed it for me:

hustle-flow-2005-terrence-howard-dj-qualls-anthony-anderson-pic-3.jpg

I knew a couple of cats back inna day with a struggle studio in a room in their momma's basement. One cat had an 8 track Tascam cassette portastudio he had synced to an Atari 520ST computer (which I also owned at the time), a raggedy ass Ensoniq Mirage rack sampler, a Casio drum machine, and his uncle's keyboard which only made appearances when his unc wasn't using it, a random ass mixer and a Radio Shack mic. We'd be down here CRAFTING shit, and either hot as fuck in the summer or cold as fuck in the winter.

I know that struggle, so the flick has that appeal to me.

Back