Welcome To aBlackWeb

What Group Gave Birth To The Most Classic Albums?

I remember seeing Wu Tang and KRS One at a club in NYC on New Years Eve 1993/94. This was right around the time t36 Chambers dropped and all I really knew about them was the song M.e.t.h.o.d Man. I think I had heard C.R.E.A.M. once or twice but it hadn't been released as a single. My homie that I went to the show with knew all bout Wu Tang and had some mixtapes with some of their songs.

I guess I should preface this story with the fact that people were smoking weed in the club.

So anyway, KRS went first and tore that club into pieces. Everybody was jumping up and down to the beat of the music and if you didn't jump up and down in sync with the crowd you would have gotten trampled. Remember this was KRS One on New Years Eve in New York City while he was still in his prime.

Wu Tang came out last and it was really late, like 3 or 4 in the morning. I remember when they did C.R.E.A.M. because that was one of the songs that I had heard.

But my point is, Shyhiem was there. He hadn't even reached puberty yet because his voice was high and squeaky. It was actually disturbing because he was cursing and talking about shooting people and getting drunk and smoking blunts. Maybe he was just talking shit but I think it's disturbing to hear a kid talk about smoking blunts and getting drunk.

When Wu was finished the club looked like Germany in 1945. There were people laid out on the floor and people trying to carry their friends out of the club because they had passed out and couldn't walk. There were literally bodies passed out in their own vomit. Fortunately I didn't smoke weed at the time and I only had one or two drinks so I was straight to drive home back to Massachusetts.

I think this conversation becomes far more interesting when you include the groups spawned from and produced signed by members of the original group. Like when we start with NWA, we can't just stop at the groups that the members were also a part of. You gotta get into Bone Thugs, Eminem, 50, etc.

I think this conversation becomes far more interesting when you include the groups spawned from and produced signed by members of the original group. Like when we start with NWA, we can't just stop at the groups that the members were also a part of. You gotta get into Bone Thugs, Eminem, 50, etc.

Going from NWA to 50 Cent is a stretch.

But I understand what you're saying.

Back