Welcome To aBlackWeb

What exactly is being anti semitic?

AP2.5

I was really really tryna keep it PG
Site Administrator
This is not a troll thread and will be treated as such. I am trying to engage in serious dialog. Any attempts to not adhere to that will result in a thread ban for a day as a warning. After that, a day ban from the site. Should you try again, banned for good.

I was thinking about asking in the Nick Cannon thread but I didn't want it to get lost in there.

Admittedly, I'm not as versed as some of you in the teachings of Hebrews and Jewish people. On the surface, I didn't find anything offensive about what Cannon said but I'm not Jewish so I don't know how they would be offended.

I just honestly want to know what was so wrong about his thoughts?

Were they a generalization? Was there some truth buried in the generalization?

Why wasn't he afforded the opportunity to clarify his position before he was let go from his contract?

Its easy to see why Jews would be offended by what Nick Cannon said imo. You dont have to disagree with what he said to see it being objectively offensive.

Imagine you believe in a religion, and someone says you stole it from their people and that you and your people are fake adherents. ofcourse you get offended.

The facts dont matter much in this case. Wether the original hebrews were black or the same hebrews that are there today, they still all died out over two thousand years ago. And the average jew isnt going to know the history. To the average jew, youre basically telling him the religion they were born into is false.

Its objectively their right to be offended by it.

This doesnt mean I agree with Nick Cannon being fired btw. Im just coming at it from an objective standpoint.

I dont like the fact that racism against jews is treated like its worse than racism agaisnt anyone else. Racism is racism imo. But racism against jews is put on the pedestal like its the worse than any other type of racism, and so any type of offensive language against jews is followed by a disporportianate reaction.

That shit dont sit right with me. You can criticize any race/religion except jews. You can sit here and say white people are generally racist and be ok. You can say Muslims are close minded and get a pass. But soon as you say ANYTHING but jews, its a huge deal and you get fired. Thats wrong and dont sit well with me.

To me, no one should be racist against any race or religion, and all races and religions should be respected. But at the same time, no one is above criticism and I should be allowed to criticize the treatment of Palestinians by Israel and not get branded a racist or anti semetic

Last edited:
And also, when it comes anti-semitism, we need to stop looking at what the definition of semetic is in the dictionary.

At this point, the word took on a different meaning.

Anti-semitism now means racism against jews.

The whole idea of this person cant be anti semetmic cause hes a semite is meaningless in 2020 cause the term anti semetic took a new meaning, which is racism against jews, regardless of the historic definition of who is and isnt a semite.

Why wasn't he afforded the opportunity to clarify his position before he was let go from his contract?

There are some truths or fringe ideas for what Nick said to some degree.
But what matters is that Nick was too reckless in expressing himself.
His language left him vulnerable to the pitchforks of the internet.

Anti-semetic can be whatever the dominant society wants it to be.
So people were able to pull the "black people can be racist too card" with him.
And low key get payback for all the racist white people losing their jobs in a similar fashion.

Its easy to see why Jews would be offended by what Nick Cannon said imo.

It's also easy to see why Nick would say the things he did.
Learning about 400+ years of racial white supremacy appropriately leaves a bad impression of white people.
Nicks thoughts may not seem wrong to many blacks as they relate to what could have pushed him there.

Jews get irate over small shit so Nick shudda known better.
This doesn't mean they are right and who gave them this power and freedom?

People live the Nword. They know it may lead to a fight or job loss yet they still feel like being offensive.

And that's the problem. Some of them get irate over legitimate criticism or when facts are stated. They really think they are the only ones that are above critique and will be quick to demonize and label a person anti-Semetic.

Yeah but we all kno' the game. Nick didn't have to say all that shit. He chose to and for no reason.

People live the Nword. They know it may lead to a fight or job loss yet they still feel like being offensive.

I never said its right I said we kno' they get mad over small stuff. Can't even be mad at them for takin' offence to Nicks words.

I don't understand the second paragraph

This is not a troll thread and will be treated as such. I am trying to engage in serious dialog. Any attempts to not adhere to that will result in a thread ban for a day as a warning. After that, a day ban from the site. Should you try again, banned for good.

I was thinking about asking in the Nick Cannon thread but I didn't want it to get lost in there.

Admittedly, I'm not as versed as some of you in the teachings of Hebrews and Jewish people. On the surface, I didn't find anything offensive about what Cannon said but I'm not Jewish so I don't know how they would be offended.

To me it means being anti Jewish mostly. But most Jews we know of in the us are white askenazi Jews. But idk why they call it anti Semitic when Semitic is a language group and Arabs and Ethiopians are also Semitic

See yeah, this is a lot deeper than I could've imagined

It's not like he said Jews should go back to their country or he called someone a jew lover.

What if he had a Rabbi or whatever on the show and all they did was dance around his questions and criticisms? I guess we'll never know this one

See yeah, this is a lot deeper than I could've imagined

It's not like he said Jews should go back to their country or he called someone a jew lover.

What if he had a Rabbi or whatever on the show and all they did was dance around his questions and criticisms? I guess we'll never know this one

thing is you can’t say anything about them cuz the world used to be super antiSemitic

Holocaust guilt

They basically have a blank check when it comes to outrage

But no one wants to talk about the fact that we deserve the same treatment post-slavery. The guilt hit em (“the West”) different when it’s black bodies being slaughtered.

Holocaust guilt

They basically have a blank check when it comes to outrage

But no one wants to talk about the fact that we deserve the same treatment post-slavery. The guilt hit em (“the West”) different when it’s black bodies being slaughtered.
But America wasn't responsible for the Holocaust. They were in fact responsible for slavery though

Unless I have something wrong

But America wasn't responsible for the Holocaust. They were in fact responsible for slavery though

Unless I have something wrong

Nah America as a whole denied they were being killed for years, until they went over and saw it themselves, AFTER Pearl Harbor. America operates under massive guilt due to that, bc they could have saved millions if they had gotten involved sooner.

Nah America as a whole denied they were being killed for years, until they went over and saw it themselves, AFTER Pearl Harbor. America operates under massive guilt due to that, bc they could have saved millions if they had gotten involved sooner.
You have proof it happened?

Back