Acknowledge Moi
Do you feel like you could/should have "came of age" in

I feel like I was supposed be a teen/young adult/20 something in the 90s'

The music, fashion, the club scenes EVERYTHING

I guess having my childhood in the 90s was next best thing lol

Like I can imagine being at an HBCU in the 90s man

I know the shit was off the chain...

cause it was dope in mid 2000's

God got it right. I grew up in the right era.
I def dont regret the era I came up in...

I feel like us 30 somethings got it the best as far as experiences....

but I be looking at them old 90s movies and videos

seeing how niggas was in the club, the music...man I woulda loved that shit lol

I def dont regret the era I came up in...

I feel like us 30 somethings got it the best as far as experiences....

but I be looking at them old 90s movies and videos

seeing how niggas was in the club, the music...man I woulda loved that shit lol
I agree. I had people tell me about their teen/young adult years in the 90s. It sounded so amazing! I also used to watch my older sister and cousins get ready to go out in the 90s. I used to be jealous!

Like I remember my youngest uncle coming home from college in ATL in the early 90s

he didnt go to an HBCU he went to GaTech but still he is a Kappa, I remember him talking about Freaknik and going to the AUC to fuck with the chicks at Spelman and CAU

i just know I would have had a blast lol

I wish was a teenager/young adult when black Panthers came out

I’m grateful I’ve been able to Google shit since I was like 5 (well technically we used Yahoo back then)

Idk how yall got along without it

I'm honestly just glad to have grown up in an era without social media.

When MySpace was popular, I was 20 years old so I lived all my teenage life without social media. I do wish I was maybe 5 years older so I could have have all my teen years in the 90, but I’m happy to be 35 and to be in the era I was in

This era

I missed the shit these kids grew up on and I grew up during a time where shit got a lot more advanced and modern and convenient

I grew up when kids was still outside and as I got older being in the house became cool which spoke to me being introverted

This era

I missed the shit these kids grew up on and I grew up during a time where shit got a lot more advanced and modern and convenient

I grew up when kids was still outside and as I got older being in the house became cool which spoke to me being introverted

Damn that’s true

I was just barely still in the era of kids that played outside everyday

I feel like my shit was just right. For those of y'all around my age, the era really MOLDED you. I'm an 80s baby. Born in the Reagan Era. Raised in the crack era. No social media. No camera phones everywhere. Life was so much more simple and so much harder.

You could enjoy your childhood and young adulthood and make mistakes and not have them documented for the rest of your life...but you also might get your head blown off for that Starter jacket or them Jordans.

This era

I was telling my son that he has no idea what it's like to wake up on a Saturday morning, eat some cereal, watch X-men and Spiderman, then run out the door with no phone, no money, no cell phone and MAYBE some house keys...and be out running the neighborhood with your friends all day.

Damn, I'ma go cry real quick. Be right back.

Mayne I shudda been an adult in the 90s. GOAT music comin' out all the time, new genres comin' out. Property prices super low. Litness all round

Back