Welcome To aBlackWeb

What does "Talking" mean?

Eartha Clit

Hi Beta.
Site President
"Is that your girlfriend?"
"Nah, we just talking."

Or

You go out on a couple of dates with a guy/girl but refer to your relationship as "just talking"

Or

You spend countless nights on the phone having bomb ass conversations and both are mutually feeling one another. However, y'all are "just talking".

"Just talking" has multiple meanings. For one person it could mean dating, for the next it could mean literally just talking. So on and so forth.

Do you use this phrase? What does it mean when you use it? Or when you hear it what does it imply?

To use 90s sitcom vocabulary, it means you're not going steady. Both parties are probably entertaining multiple people

When I do use this phrase, it literally means I'm just talking to someone.

Sometimes I would say we just talking to keep a nosey mf outta my business.

However I know people to use this as to say "that's my nigga or we're dealing with each other."

Then some folks use it to still be able to weigh their options. "Oh naw we just talking" like oh this ain't nothing serious.

This could be it's own thread but, how long are u willing to wait for someone who wants to "just talk" for now?

Pretty much you're dating, but not officially committed.

Either one of them or both parties are still kinda feeling each other out. Or they're not in a rush to jump into a relationship.

Pretty much you're dating, but not officially committed.

Either one of them or both parties are still kinda feeling each other out. Or they're not in a rush to jump into a relationship.

This answer can be taken wrong all the time. Because most likely if you "talking/dating" longer then a month or two and shagging.. Most females will consider that dating in relationship

This answer can be taken wrong all the time. Because most likely if you "talking/dating" longer then a month or two and shagging.. Most females will consider that dating in relationship

But that's why it's best to never assume. Unless he/she told you directly out of their mouth that ya'll are official, you shouldn't assume that you are.

If I'm talking to someone then that means there's a possibility of being with her. I'm not leading anyone on and I prefer to be up front about the situation.

Back