Welcome To aBlackWeb

What do y'all think about dating people who are...

My last two exes were AKA's the one ex was just the regular degular AKA the other was the AKA cape crusader 🙄. Shorty had to be at all the functions and doing the most.

My homies are all Ques so I was used to doing extra for your frats but seeing her being super AKA was a little extra. I mean the hell you have to go thru to be in the frat/sororities I get it but sometimes it can a be a little overboard.

Lol I guess because I grew up around it. It doesn't come as super cult like. I mean everyone has passions. I see it as no different from someone being really into anything else( work, video games....ABW )

I do think it's easier to be with someone in the Divine 9 if you yourselves are in the Divine 9. Or have your own things going on.

When I first met my now-wife, she knew what I was in, and how heavy I was in it. But that was in undergrad.

Post grad, I’ve still done frat stuff, but obviously I’m not as deep in it as I used to be. However, she was just as understanding. And that’s the key. There has to be understanding with it, otherwise it won’t work.

Lol I guess because I grew up around it. It doesn't come as super cult like. I mean everyone has passions. I see it as no different from someone being really into anything else( work, video games....ABW )

I do think it's easier to be with someone in the Divine 9 if you yourselves are in the Divine 9. Or have your own things going on.
I’m the divine Dos.

im more than enough company for myself.

I was close to being a sigma, I just had horrible grades and wasnt college material. And I refused to do it if I wasn't in school. So it never happened. I think it would have been cool....I think the shit can be fun and what not, but I don't over do shit.... So I definitely would have lost interest by the time I graduated

Lol they usually have a bigger ego than they’ve earned

Kinda unrelated, but everyone in my family except me and my oldest sister are Greeks.

Pops was a Q...........but he hadn't been active in it since he was in college.

Never heard about him going to any kind of Q function.

Now, my mom and older sister were/are active in their sororities.........but nothing obsessive.

Funny story.......my mom was a Delta and my sister is an AKA.

Moms is light(fair)skin and sister is light brown.

Mom wasn't even trying to be mean or anything, it just came out at random.........but she told my sister that she would've never been able to be an AKA back in the day because she wasn't light enough.

Ironically, this is why a lot of lightskinned women back then chose to pledge Delta.

They didn't want to be associated with the AKA stereotype.

Deltas were always known to be more down-to-earth.

Last edited:
Nope I can't date someone who still deep in the fraternity life in their 30s or 40s. It's like they are partially still mentally stuck in college. What's worse are those that join well AFTER college...

Heard they don't get any respect at all if they pledge through the grad chapter.

Probably because they always wanted to be Greek..........but took the easy way out by pledging the grad chapter instead of pledging undergrad, which is a lot harder.

Last edited:
Kinda unrelated, but everyone in my family except me and my oldest sister are Greeks.

Pops was a Q...........but he hadn't been active in it since he was in college.

Never heard about him going to any kind of Q function.

Now, my mom and older sister are active in their sororities.........but nothing obsessive.

Funny story.......my mom is a Delta and my sister's an AKA.

Moms is light(fair)skin and sister is light brown.

Mom wasn't even trying to be mean or anything, it just came out at random.........but she told my sister that she would've never been able to be an AKA back in the day because she wasn't light enough.

Ironically, this is why a lot of lightskinned women back then chose to pledge Delta.

They didn't want to be associated with the AKA stereotype.

Deltas were always known to be more down-to-earth.

Glad some of y’all with real experience with these frats are speaking on them.

Heard they don't get any respect at all if they pledge through the grad chapter.

Probably because they always wanted to be Greek..........but took the easy way out by pledging the grad chapter instead of pledging undergrad, which is a lot harder.
Similar, many of my family in the Greek life. Shit I broke family tradition by not going to FAMU and pledging Delta. Whole family like what happened with you lol 😆.

As a Kappa myself, people who aren’t in it make more of it than it really is, lol. If you’re not in it or interested in it, there’s not anything I’m going to say to change your mind so I just don’t engage in those debates typically. I love it and my experience is second to none and that’s all that matters to me.

As far as people who are super into their frat/sorority, they are also seen as kind of weird from other people in frats/sororities. My membership in my fraternity is a complement to who I am, not who I am in totality. So anyone who portrays their membership as their defining characteristic probably didn’t have much going for them before pledging/joining.

As a Kappa myself, people who aren’t in it make more of it than it really is, lol. If you’re not in it or interested in it, there’s not anything I’m going to say to change your mind so I just don’t engage in those debates typically. I love it and my experience is second to none and that’s all that matters to me.

As far as people who are super into their frat/sorority, they are also seen as kind of weird from other people in frats/sororities. My membership in my fraternity is a complement to who I am, not who I am in totality. So anyone who portrays their membership as their defining characteristic probably didn’t have much going for them before pledging/joining.
👆Alladat!

I know a dude who went to college basically to be a Que. Homie quit right after crossing. We clown him about that all the time.

Ironically I was going to go grad chapter and pledge Que. Then I came to my senses. I'm 40+ and getting my ass whooped by niggas I could beat the shit out of on any giving day or time didn't sit right with me 🤣. All my homies are Ques and my Family is Kappa and Que as well.

I know a dude who went to college basically to be a Que. Homie quit right after crossing. We clown him about that all the time.

Ironically I was going to go grad chapter and pledge Que. Then I came to my senses. I'm 40+ and getting my ass whooped by niggas I could beat the shit out of on any giving day or time didn't sit right with me 🤣. All my homies are Ques and my Family is Kappa and Que as well.

I view like gangbanging. Their is a certain time frame to join some shit can’t be 25 and just join a gang nor do you wanna be 35 joining a frat

I view like gangbanging. Their is a certain time frame to join some shit can’t be 25 and just join a gang nor do you wanna be 35 joining a frat
I don’t knock people who do it, but I wouldn’t have gone grad chapter if I didn’t go undergrad. Some people do have legit reasons though, like the undergrad chapter being on suspension when they were in school or something like that. Or a hating ass nigga blocking them from pledging.

I don’t knock people who do it, but I wouldn’t have gone grad chapter if I didn’t go undergrad. Some people do have legit reasons though, like the undergrad chapter being on suspension when they were in school or something like that. Or a hating ass nigga blocking them from pledging.

True and plus finances. And I feel like groups like Masons and Eastern Stars are geared towards older folks.

Yeah at a certain point in life it’s time to assess cost/benefit of joining a frat. Grad chapter doesn’t typically roll as hard as undergrad though given everyone’s maturity at that age.

Grad chapters are a good place to work with like minded people on helping out the community and what not. Also you can build some pretty strong friendships because other members probably share your interests and goals. It’s better than befriending a group of total strangers.

Back