Welcome To aBlackWeb

OPINION What Can We Do...??

NeighborhoodNomad

the marathon continues........
To help take ABW to another level? From anything to topics, to apps/web design, to merchandise, events etc...

I think there's a lot of untapped opportunities this site can explore and I think there's ways we can all contribute in some way without necessarily having to spend money.

My 2¢...

There's a good number of posters here but supposedly there's around 7bil people on the planet. HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS of those people are Black and Brown people and with this platform we have an opportunity to help provide an online environment or discussions that speak to those hundreds of millions of people in some form or fashion. I think we need a more variety of people... While it's important to have your regular posters and topics for some consistency it's also important to be mindful that the topics don't just cater to the posters here but are also engaging and inviting to a lurker or passer-by.

We will also be more inviting to more people if we create more types of rooms/sub forums for discussions. More rooms and types of topics will bring more people, male and female. "If you build it, they will come..."

Also if we're going to be a "community" we need more women here. If we're being honest with ourselves it's either 1 of 2 things... Either they're unaware of this place or they're aware of it and they choose to not fuck with it (like that). Put it like this, the ladies who we know do know about this place don't even post here (like that). There's obviously a pattern. But we can change that narrative.

Also if there's still ABW merchandise it might help to promote some of the items on the front page of the forum and the main website.

In order for us to get to where we're going we gotta be honest about where we are.

So again what are some things we can do to help take ABW to another level?

Back