Welcome To aBlackWeb

What are your thoughts on this?

That's how YOU interpreted the text. Did it not say "is everything ok?"

I didn't see this said on the exchange.

Right. Is EVERYTHING ok? He didn't ask about him specifically because he doesn't care about him specifically. He care's about his his absence is affecting the business. He didn't say 'Are YOU ok?'...and you you said that they checked on HIM.

Sounds like YOU interpreted the text the way YOU wanted to.

As the manager, I probably would have responded differently, i.e. offered condolences, and save the "in the future" part once the employee came back to work. Still with a little more sympathy than that.

i feel like this is true and also shouldnt be a huge problem or surprise

i've just never been one to think my employer, bank, insurance company, utility provider, etc gave a fuck about me personally lol

i get aggravated when i hear people going thru whole sob stories to their manager about their personal life and why they just cant get shit right at work, or the person on the phone boo hooing to the bank or utility people about why they're behind....TMI but i used to get into it with my mama behind that shit

nobody outside of who you eat dinner with gives a fuck man.....life

im fine with this persons choice to move on tho....i hope they find a small, family style company that plays baseball together and shit

Oh I feel you. I just think strictly from a selfish standpoint, businesses should want to cultivate a culture of caring about their employees. Fuck if you really care or not. It's just good for business. Like I said...

There is no business in the world that is positively affected by being insensitive to their employees and treating them poorly. The end.

Right. Is EVERYTHING ok? He didn't ask about him specifically because he doesn't care about him specifically. He care's about his his absence is affecting the business. He didn't say 'Are YOU ok?'...and you you said that they checked on HIM.

Sounds like YOU interpreted the text the way YOU wanted to.
Where are you from? "Is everything ok" is a staple when checking up on someone where I'm from. It's a coverall.

Like I said the response after finding out what's goiton was a little cold but not that out of pocket.

Oh I feel you. I just think strictly from a selfish standpoint, business should want to cultivate a culture of caring about their employees. Fuck if you really care or not. It's just good for business. Like I said...

yeah i feel you

and you gotta know its been attempted lol

the company i work for now had that close knit family feel when i started 10 yrs ago.....once you grow from 15 to 150 people that shits just different.....there's an HR department and counselors for that lol.....your manager has one job....cover these shifts and get this shit done...whatever the shit may be

Oh I feel you. I just think strictly from a selfish standpoint, businesses should want to cultivate a culture of caring about their employees. Fuck if you really care or not. It's just good for business. Like I said...
People will take on the worst jobs, so long as the employee feels valued and respected.

yeah i feel you

and you gotta know its been attempted lol

the company i work for now had that close knit family feel when i started 10 yrs ago.....once you grow from 15 to 150 people that shits just different.....there's an HR department and counselors for that lol.....your manager has one job....cover these shifts and get this shit done...whatever the shit may be

It doesn't HAVE to be like that. I work for one of the biggest and most profitable countries on Earth and these niggas do their best to make me feel like they give a fuck...even though I know they don't. Because its better for the bottom line. They just have to WANT to do it and have some sort of foresight to say 'Yo if I make sure my people are taken care of and treat them like actual people, I'll get the most out of them.'.

I dunno.

Whatever. Tangents and whatnot.

Reactions: 1/2
It doesn't HAVE to be like that. I work for one of the biggest and most profitable countries on Earth and these niggas do their best to make me feel like they give a fuck...even though I know they don't. Because its better for the bottom line. They just have to WANT to do it and have some sort of foresight to say 'Yo if I make sure my people are taken care of and treat them like actual people, I'll get the most out of them.'.

I dunno.

Whatever. Tangents and whatnot.

well yeah lol....we have meetings and they cater and give us self help books and gift cards and ask hows the fam yadda yadda.....we have that lol

they even bailed me out of jail

guess where we went first? to the gaht damn office lmao......payrolls been backed up for a week brah ?‍♂️

This person’s attendance history and overall reliability is an important but unknown variable here

and you sir get a gold star

This person’s attendance history and overall reliability is an important but unknown variable here
I agree, however, after hearing every excuse and lie under the sun that people give for why they aren't at work, can't work, or are late for work the last 12yrs, and seeing how quickly she was ready to give up a source of income, even if they were 'insensitive, they dodged a bullet imo. But the fact the employer told her dont worry about putting in your 2wks, we'll cover the shifts(paraphrased) imo is what led to it being put on the net. She didn't care about her work, they didn't care about her. Maybe if she had called in and said yo, my granma died I'm not coming in, they would have been more sensitive. Idk, maybe I'm just salty cuz I'm personally tired of hearing excuses/lies.

AND what type of work he does. If he a waiter Im not surprised at the managers coldness.
The employer saying they'd cover the shifts, I assume minimum wage job, all around nobody give af with them jobs. Sad tho, could be a lot different if they valued and respected their employees more.

well yeah lol....we have meetings and they cater and give us self help books and gift cards and ask hows the fam yadda yadda.....we have that lol

they even bailed me out of jail

guess where we went first? to the gaht damn office lmao......payrolls been backed up for a week brah ?‍♂️

and you sir get a gold star

Lol. I didn't mean that sort of shit. But yeah, that sort of trivial shit doesn't hurt either.

• Haha
The employer saying they'd cover the shifts, I assume minimum wage job, all around nobody give af with them jobs. Sad tho, could be a lot different if they valued and respected their employees more.

i almost went down this aisle, but remembered nurses and security and shit work shifts.....idk about change happening at 11:30 but I let him make it lol

Reactions: B_A
i almost went down this aisle, but remembered nurses and security and shit work shifts.....idk about change happening at 11:30 but I let him make it lol
Nurses aren't very likely to up and quit and security is a pretty gravy job, so I'm still goin with minimum wage.

People don't gaf about those jobs cuz their positions are a dime a dozen, and that is a problem from mngt down. People will stock them shelves like a happy mf and show more initiative if employers of these places merely valued and respected the employees more.

mf prolly meant "everything ok?" like "you ain't catch a flat tire otw to work did you?"

living in a society that's money over everything wtf you expect

Back