Welcome To aBlackWeb

What are your thoughts on this?

I also realized that you have people who weren’t as close to their grandparents as others so yeah...

it’s still insensitive.

I get it both ways
I see it both ways too.
You probably should at least text your boss you aren't coming into work. But, I get it, you might be distraught.

Also, I bet the manager hers the my granny died excuse a lot. Still, it's better to lean on the side of compassion.

We had a similar situation here....one of our assistant s kids classmates tested positive for COVID ....soon as she got the call she got the fuck out of the office and went to get her kid....her direct superior was all like why she ain’t send a message and tell me.... had to step in and tell her at that point there are more important things.... chill....

Shit went dumb smooth.

Job prolly apologized directly after homie put the two weeks in....

And if they didn't he made the absolute right move ??‍♂️

They checked on him to see if he ok. How many jobs will do that in the first place. The response was a lil cold but I can see both sides.
What kinda job is this? waiter?

They checked on him to see if he ok. How many jobs will do that in the first place. The response was a lil cold but I can see both sides.

They didn't check on him. They texted him because he was 33 minutes late for his shift and the business was being affected. They don't give a fuck about dude or his dead granny.

They weren't checking to see if he was ok. They were like "where the fuck is this joker?"

person to person it was cold

manager to employee it was protocol

i'd like to believe that person knows this, and was only sticking to protocol for the job

but they could just be an asshole, i dont know them

And ya know, it wasn't in her mind to call work and let them know, but it sure came to her mind fast af to put in her 2wks. Good riddance imo

They didn't check on him. They texted him because he was 33 minutes late for his shift and the business was being affected. They don't give a fuck about dude or his dead granny.

i feel like this is true and also shouldnt be a huge problem or surprise

i've just never been one to think my employer, bank, insurance company, utility provider, etc gave a fuck about me personally lol

i get aggravated when i hear people going thru whole sob stories to their manager about their personal life and why they just cant get shit right at work, or the person on the phone boo hooing to the bank or utility people about why they're behind....TMI but i used to get into it with my mama behind that shit

nobody outside of who you eat dinner with gives a fuck man.....life

im fine with this persons choice to move on tho....i hope they find a small, family style company that plays baseball together and shit

Back