Welcome To aBlackWeb

OPINION What are your essential Halloween flicks?

GOAT

🐐
Tryn get some ideas for Halloween flicks. For me and the kids.

Tryn keep it Halloween themed not just horror/slasher.

Whats yall favorites?

Whats overrated?

Whats played out?

So far ive watched The Simpsons Treehouse of Horror 1-6. (My kids who are not big on the Simpsons loved the Halloween specials.)

Revisisted the Shining. (Stanley Kubrick always has the flyest bathrooms)

And also watched Adams Family (1991) with the kids. They enjoyed it. I never realized how shitty the storyline really is lol. Gonna watch Adams Family Values with kiddos nxt.

The original slasher flicks(Halloween, Friday the 13th, Nightmare on Elm Street). Movies like Scream & I Know What You Did Last Summer have age horribly to me & are overrated. So are the Saw movies.

Martin’s first Halloween episode. that shit still leaves my sides hurting

but since the films mentioned in here may be too graphic for your kids (or maybe they’re into that sick shit because i certainly was/am), try hocus pocus and halloweentown. they still hold up imo

The Changeling (1980)
Halloween (1978)
The Exorcist (1973)
Texas Chain Saw Massacre (1974)
Night Of The Living Dead (1968)
The Shining (1980) (NOT THE BULLSHIT MIN SERIES)
Rosemary's Baby
Psycho (1960)
Ju-On
The Ring (2002) Remake Is Actually Better Than The J-Horror Joint
Let The Right One In
The Sixth Sense
Audition
The Blair Witch Project (Fight Me)

-I watched Pinky and the Brain Halloween and Animaniacs. My kids normally love both the shows but the halloween specials were lackin. (Pinky and Brain do have a classic Xmas ep tho)

-Caught the Family Matters special from season 1. Urkle is superman Laura is Tina Turner and they are cashing checks when bank gets held up at gunpoint.

Carl eventually saves the day dressed as a Jamican pizza delivery man with pizza boxes full of spring-snakes to startle the robber.

Back