Welcome To aBlackWeb

What are you watching? The Official TV Show Thread

I fux w this broad from SNL. Jus binged this. It was decent. Coulda been funnier, but i fux w it

I still wouldnt be surprised if it gets cancelled tho. Show got zero buzz

Finished S1 of Night Sky. I fux with it but they're being overly secretive with the underlying plot. The way they developed the story once I find out what that is imma probably lose interest. Respect to Amazon for finally having me interested and invested in a 2nd season of a show again. Outside of the boys and invincible they don't produce too much that can pull me back. Imma probably quit this hoe in season 2 tho 😂

Started Outer Range right after. Only 3 episodes in. I can't call this one yet but the cast is a1. I might have to poke my head in the official thread if there is one and talk about this shit cause it seems like it's got a lot to unpack.

Not Amazon starting to get they shit together on the tv front.

The Old Man on FX/HULU is off to a great start. I found myself hanging on every word Jeff Bridges (Dan Chase),
John Lithgow (Harold Harper),and Joel Grey said not only because of their effortless presence and acting but also because of the interest in just what went down with the characters. Great character dynamics are being setup and extra tension and suspense is added due to what moves the characters are making. When I watch shows like this and look at the horrible things going on in the world I wish the FBI and the CIA were as extremely efficient as they are in these shows.

Hacks on HBOMAX is extremely funny. So many call backs to classic sitcoms and talk shows. Jean Smart and Hannah Einbinder are equally great and they play well together

I'ma just say this

Unless shit just hasn't happened yet, I'm Midway through S1 of godfather of Harlem and it's just ok.

Pretty safe and predictable plots. Good acting though

The Old Man on FX/HULU is off to a great start. I found myself hanging on every word Jeff Bridges (Dan Chase),
John Lithgow (Harold Harper),and Joel Grey said not only because of their effortless presence and acting but also because of the interest in just what went down with the characters. Great character dynamics are being setup and extra tension and suspense is added due to what moves the characters are making. When I watch shows like this and look at the horrible things going on in the world I wish the FBI and the CIA were as extremely efficient as they are in these shows.

Hacks on HBOMAX is extremely funny. So many call backs to classic sitcoms and talk shows. Jean Smart and Hannah Einbinder are equally great and they play well together

Yea. I started the old man too. Cool so far.

Also started Dark Winds on AMC, i like it

I'ma just say this

Unless shit just hasn't happened yet, I'm Midway through S1 of godfather of Harlem and it's just ok.

Pretty safe and predictable plots. Good acting though

I never even finished that shit lol. I was like what are these niggas on abw fussing about. Shit is a tier above some mid.

Yea. I started the old man too. Cool so far.
Man, i was skeptical of this show, dont really know why. Maybe the name "The Old Man" threw me off, but the boys on The Watch podcast recommended it, so i decided to give episode one a try. OMG!!!!!!!! If all of the season was out right now, i would binge everything today. This is pure fire. @King Freeman I think u will like this show.

Man, i was skeptical of this show, dont really know why. Maybe the name "The Old Man" threw me off, but the boys on The Watch podcast recommended it, so i decided to give episode one a try. OMG!!!!!!!! If all of the season was out right now, i would binge everything today. This is pure fire. @King Freeman I think u will like this show.

Uh. I wouldnt go that far.

2 things really annoyed me. 1. the fake out with the new broad during the police stop. Like come on!! We doin real time dream sequences now?! 2. When he jus appeared outta nowhere to run over that cia dude. Like they didnt hear him coming.

The back story w the wife is interesting.

And the daughter too. Is she dead or not?

this is basically if jack reacher grew old and retired n they called him back.

tbh imo the 2 dogs are the best part of the show lol they be eating niggas

I never even finished that shit lol. I was like what are these niggas on abw fussing about. Shit is a tier above some mid.
ok LMAO

im glad it's not just me cause im like, niggas on ABW was really acting like this was top notch TV and its literally the same mafia plot points from all the Mafioso shows that came before it.

Forest Whitaker is a good actor, but to me, he's playing the same role i've seem him play in other movies. I cant think of a good example right now w/o googling but he seems like this docile and meek character with a mean streak when the plot needs it. Always speaking as if he's the smartest person in the room. His mannerisms are eerily the same in this show as past movies. This could've been an entirely made up character and the story would still be the same. Feels like all they wanted to do was use the Bumpy Johnson name to give it a lil flavor?? And when you see that big ass disclaimer before the show starts, i only have to assume that 95% of this shit is just fabricated or exaggerated for effect.

Hey hey hey!!! Ease up on the godfather of harlem slander.

No one said its the best show in the world, but i like it.

tbh i really jus watch it for the malcolm x n NOI scenes.

Plus Gus Fring n vincent d'onofrio are dope.

But there is a iconic scene from last season that is 100% ass butter n made me wanna give up on the show tbh. Its a insult to history imo....ppl who watched prolly kno what i mean.

Uh. I wouldnt go that far.

2 things really annoyed me. 1. the fake out with the new broad during the police stop. Like come on!! We doin real time dream sequences now?! 2. When he jus appeared outta nowhere to run over that cia dude. Like they didnt hear him coming.

The back story w the wife is interesting.

And the daughter too. Is she dead or not?

this is basically if jack reacher grew old and retired n they called him back.

tbh imo the 2 dogs are the best part of the show lol they be eating niggas
Lol, I guess we are looking for different things from the show. Love the show so far. Would not compare it to Jack Reacher (like this show too).

The dogs are cool, but my fav part so far was the almost 10 minute phone call btw the 2 “old men” in episode 1. Episode 2 was more info dump too, lol.

The 2 things that annoyed u were not a big deal to me.

The action scenes were cool too.

Shows like this work well for me, that’s why I was patient with “Slow Horses” even though it did not impress me early on

I'll check it out.

Has anybody been watching The Man Who Fell to Earth? This show is the black sci-fi I've been wanting since I was a kid when I used to watch shit like the original movie with David Bowie. I wish dude was still around to play Newton but Bill Nighy was a good choice for a stand-in.

Has anybody been watching The Man Who Fell to Earth? This show is the black sci-fi I've been wanting since I was a kid when I used to watch shit like the original movie with David Bowie. I wish dude was still around to play Newton but Bill Nighy was a good choice for a stand-in.

I've been enjoying the hell outa this season. Excellent all around. The entire main cast has been dope.

Homeboy for always sunny is pissin me off so far lol

I've been enjoying the hell outa this season. Excellent all around. The entire main cast has been dope.

Homeboy for always sunny is pissin me off so far lol

That fucking mypoyle is pissing me off in the perfect way. He's playing the role of an asshole with way too much power in a way that everyone can relate to.

But the hispanic chick that snitched on her own family for being illegal immigrants is probably gonna be the real bad guy.

First episode was nuts. 🔥🔥🔥

Man's thought fight scenes in banshee was crazy. Pfffft.

Off the rip?

@Inori
@Old Man Cain
@Duwop
@loud-ninja
@Hustlelitó
@Revolver Ocelot
@AP2.5
@Maywood
@Chi-Town B

Take the first episode in.

word? you gon put it alongside banshee?

Checkin it now.. i'll be back

I'm only 1 episode in so I'm obviously being a prisoner of the moment but they did that shit and I'm all in.

Like @toheeb27 said if all the episodes were laid out this shit would be getting binged tonight.

Back