Welcome To aBlackWeb

What Are You Cooking for Dinner Tonight??

I’ve never had mustard greens before. I wanna try em.
I can't attest to how they taste on their own b/c I've only ever eaten them mixed with turnip greens...but I'm pretty sure the taste wouldn't be that different, as they both come from the same seeds. I use a lot of fresh garlic and that eliminates the bitter taste these greens tend to have.

Peeling the turnips to put in the pot later
1636831210148.jpeg

Once they cook you'll see you may have not needed 2 pots. And get them folks to cut them turkey wings up next time. What you season em with?
I'm not new to this luv...I needed two pots lol

I like my turkey parts how you see them

I don't go crazy with seasoning...fresh onion, garlic cloves, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, smoked paprika

Edit: I also put some apple cider vinegar in

Last edited:
My grandma used to make some good turnip greens man. Idk what all to put in em besides sugar. And I’ve heard washing em is a headache bc they be so dirty.

My grandma used to make some good turnip greens man. Idk what all to put in em besides sugar. And I’ve heard washing em is a headache bc they be so dirty.
Ooooo...thank you for mentioning the sugar b/c I forgot!🤗

Yes girl...it takes sooo long to clean them b/c the dirt gets caught in the tight, curly parts of the leaves. I wash & rinse them 4-5 times before I'm satisfied that they're properly cleaned.

Naw I'm working but that pot lookin like you put your whole foot and draws in that! Lol!!

Put whateva else you cookin on a paper plate and wrap in aluminum foil for me plz. Thanks
🤣
Awww man that sucks...no Grill Master 360 today

You know I gotchu...but I'own do no paper plates. Just return my damn plate cuz them shits be matching lol

Ooooo...thank you for mentioning the sugar b/c I forgot!🤗

Yes girl...it takes sooo long to clean them b/c the dirt gets caught in the tight, curly parts of the leaves. I wash & rinse them 4-5 times before I'm satisfied that they're properly cleaned.
This the part I hate the most but the reward is so delicious.
My dad was friends with this guy that had a huge garden. And we'd be out there all day getting any and everything. We Would come back with garbage bags of greens and he would buy a case of that morton's salt and get to cleaning em. Tub kitchen sink wash machine smh...but when I tell you we had greens corn and whatever else for months and months

This the part I hate the most but the reward is so delicious.
My dad was friends with this guy that had a huge garden. And we'd be out there all day getting any and everything. We Would come back with garbage bags of greens and he would buy a case of that morton's salt and get to cleaning em. Tub kitchen sink wash machine smh...but when I tell you we had greens corn and whatever else for months and months
How cool is that!

I grew up with next door neighbors, on both sides, who had gardens and they always shared a bunch of stuff with us. Even the freshest produce at the grocery store is no match for fresh-out-the-garden produce.

The same way your dad cleaned greens is the same way I was taught to clean them! It's the way my grandparents and parents did it, as well.

Lmaooo@ tub and wash machine🤣

Back