Welcome To aBlackWeb

What age did you begin playing sports?

I was beast in football all my life but I got real good in basketball around 8th and 9th grade and play travel ball and give up on football even though thats my favorite sport and know that shit like the back of my hand

Made varsity and 10th grade and got kicked off the team. Let back on to JV got suspended from school and kicked off the team and expelled my 11th grade year.

Move to Irving and tried out for varsity and made the team but since I had to repeat the 11th grade I wasnt able to play

I tired out for a JC in Cali and had multiple practices with them but it wasnt in me so I didnt follow through .

Had a couple ppl I knew that played overseas saying I should have played ball and took it serious because I could have played real college ball.

Playing sports take dedication and time and I didnt have it to be serious

I was beast in football all my life but I got real good in basketball around 8th and 9th grade and play travel ball and give up on football even though thats my favorite sport and know that shit like the back of my hand

Made varsity and 10th grade and got kicked off the team. Let back on to JV got suspended from school and kicked off the team and expelled my 11th grade year.

Move to Irving and tried out for varsity and made the team but since I had to repeat the 11th grade I wasnt able to play

I tired out for a JC in Cali and had multiple practices with them but it wasnt in me so I didnt follow through .

Had a couple ppl I knew that played overseas saying I should have played ball and took it serious because I could have played real college ball.

Playing sports take dedication and time and I didnt have it to be serious
Ooh you just gave me a thread idea.

I started playing little league ball around 8. My oldest son gonna start next year & he’ll still be that age. My daughter been running track since she was 9.

Started basketball at 7. I hated all sports then and got forced into it lol. I loved it later on.

I'd let my kid play any sport they wanted but no tackle football til hs.

I started hooping at 6. One of my biggest regrets was not trying out to play for my school and recreational league

My son started playing soccer and baseball at 4, put him in football and basketball at 8. He hated it, so I let him stop playing sports all together. He played football in high school tho...

i started in second grade.......all the teachers saw my talent playing street football and free for all.
my uncles saw my talent for fighting when i was a teen.

daughter played field hockey and cross country in 6th grade
son was natural athlete but he wanted to do other stuff.

sometimes i wonder what would have happened had i followed football or boxing.
but i am more than happy where i am

played baseball at like 5-6 hated it

played again at 10 was a beast..

played lacrosse at 12 loved it

wrestled 1th and 12th grade into college....loved it
managed the girls lacrosse team 11th & 12th grade
played football 12th grade

my son is 7 in 2nd grade..

i really wanna get him into boxing, bjj & football now... but the resources and time just don't match up

Parents had me in soccer around 6 years old just to run around.

Played baseball and had a arm so I played 3rd base and loved it but stopped playing once i broke once my wrist

But basketball was my sport. Played varsity ball went to camps throughout Michigan.

Played varsity ball with 2 high school all Americans who went to Michigan State and lost to UNC in the national championship game to the team that had tyler hansbrough and ty lawaon

never

my oldest has done t-ball for 2 "seasons" but thats it, she was 5-6.....she's really into dance and tumbling so we think that's gonna be her "sport"

we gone get a hooper out of one of em tho.......we got goals and balls everywhere and they all got pelicans gear

Played baseball, football, basketball and ran track

In HS focused on track and football

Got a couple offers,

Was gonna go to Tuskegee to play football as a preferred walk-on, couldnt afford it...ended up at AAMU running track...heart wasnt in it like football so I left the team. One of my only regrets...

I still play rec league flag football and I ran in an alumni 4x100 a couple yrs ago in PCola with one of my homies who went to high school there...I still got juice left lol

Son been playing football since 6. Tried Baseball he aint like it....will be doing club soccer this year...he was too good for rec league soccer last year.

I will say this...your kid being good at young ages dont always translante into being a beast when they are older...it usually evens out for most kids when they get older...mindsets change...kids get more size, speed etc...

While they are young most important thing is them having fun...of course coach them up properly but fun is top priority

I know a lot of niggas that was beasts in park ball...got to high school and was avg and scrub niggas in park ball that ended up playing D1

Started basketball at 4
Soccer and baseball at 6
Football at 10

(Learned to swim at 3, if yall consider that a sport)

Back