Welcome To aBlackWeb

what about the other side of depression and tragedy?

We need to get a mental health thread going

I'm sure a lot of us have been either the patient or the caregiver at some point in our lives. Some have done both

I think we could learn a lot from each other

We need to get a mental health thread going

I'm sure a lot of us have been either the patient or the caregiver at some point in our lives. Some have done both

I think we could learn a lot from each other
i agree....

shit, i do alot of shit...but God forbid anything ever happen to my wife.....im going to sit by her side and feed her until one of us passes.
i dont beleive in i need to be happy and live my life so im leaving shit.

its not even about karma.
its about.....something my dad always said and instilled in me.
if you dance all night , you will have to pay the band.
and the check always comes.

life has its ups and downs. fuck i look like leaving the person i married when they are at their weakest and most vulnerable?

I try not have them think about the tragedy or have them remind something of it. Example, if they lost a close friend then I won't make any mention of them. Especially if its still fresh on the mind. From my perspective, I wouldn't want to put them in a depressing state again. I'll try to keep them on the positive side of the spectrum. Keep them active and in a positive mindset to help heal.
but thats kinda easy in the beginning......but what about after a few weeks?

what does that mean then?

what are marriage vows for?
smdh
so as long as money flowing and everything is good....you can do that forever?
but if shit gets tough, you have a short shelf life?

thats crazy
If that's how you interpret what I said, cool

life has its ups and downs. fuck i look like leaving the person i married when they are at their weakest and most vulnerable?

I've seen it happen once, and I completely understood it.

Dude was a straight up asshole towards his wife. I knew her from way back inna day 'cause we dated briefly and caught up with her when we were working in the same office building around the end of '98. He lost his ability to walk driving drunk; he hit a utility pole doing over 70 on a residential street. Got ejected through the windshield and all that. She took care of him for years but he basically became more and more disrespectful towards her, constantly belittling her no matter what she's done for him. She told me the nigga couldn't piss or shit on his own so they had a nurse during the day while she worked and she would do it at night and on weekends. Dude was always talking shit about her out on how she was carrying his ass to the toilet and all that. He had to take laxatives and enemas just so he could shit and on occasion would shit on himself, so she had to clean him and the nigga would blame her for it even happening. This was the early days of Ebay, so dude would go out to Big Lots or thrift stores and buy shit for low and sell it online and keep a lil money flowing through the crib, but he framed it to his peoples and the oldest son like he was the one making all the money for the family and doing everything that she was actually doing. She said dude stayed making disrespectful comments towards her, constantly dogging her out like she was stupid, and was always complaining about her to his family.

Eventually she got fed up with being treated like shit, packed up the two youngest and bounced. Left the oldest to take care of his ass.

Everybody has a breaking point.

but thats kinda easy in the beginning......but what about after a few weeks?

I believe my healing process is probably different than a lot. I had to be strong minded to prevail through like that. When my sister ascended last year. I didn't want anybody bring it up because I didn't want to dwell in depression for too long. I know how powerful and destructive it can be by seeing from others, when I was growing up. Although I have friends to vent to but I didn't. Even my mother is a licensed counselor but I still didn't. One of my childhood friends heard of the news and didn't mention anything about it. I already knew why. I'm glad he didn't either because I wasn't at a place to speak about it. It's a hard task daily but I try to keep my mind occupied from thinking on it plus I try to think that I'm not alone & other lost a lot too. So it keep me humbled. Example, one of my childhood friend's lost his sister last year and mother this year.

I always be there for my friends and tell them no matter what, I'm here for them especially when it's situations like that.

I've seen it happen once, and I completely understood it.

Dude was a straight up asshole towards his wife. I knew her from way back inna day 'cause we dated briefly and caught up with her when we were working in the same office building around the end of '98. He lost his ability to walk driving drunk; he hit a utility pole doing over 70 on a residential street. Got ejected through the windshield and all that. She took care of him for years but he basically became more and more disrespectful towards her, constantly belittling her no matter what she's done for him. She told me the nigga couldn't piss or shit on his own so they had a nurse during the day while she worked and she would do it at night and on weekends. Dude was always talking shit about her out on how she was carrying his ass to the toilet and all that. He had to take laxatives and enemas just so he could shit and on occasion would shit on himself, so she had to clean him and the nigga would blame her for it even happening. This was the early days of Ebay, so dude would go out to Big Lots or thrift stores and buy shit for low and sell it online and keep a lil money flowing through the crib, but he framed it to his peoples and the oldest son like he was the one making all the money for the family and doing everything that she was actually doing. She said dude stayed making disrespectful comments towards her, constantly dogging her out like she was stupid, and was always complaining about her to his family.

Eventually she got fed up with being treated like shit, packed up the two youngest and bounced. Left the oldest to take care of his ass.

Everybody has a breaking point.
yea....i dont anyone can take being disrespected. even with depression.

i agree....

shit, i do alot of shit...but God forbid anything ever happen to my wife.....im going to sit by her side and feed her until one of us passes.
i dont beleive in i need to be happy and live my life so im leaving shit.

its not even about karma.
its about.....something my dad always said and instilled in me.
if you dance all night , you will have to pay the band.
and the check always comes.

That's what's up. It's a pretty rare mindset

I'ma keep it a buck: I got diagnosed with PTSD a couple of years back. It finds its way into relationships and women haven'y been too supportive
yea....i dont anyone can take being disrespected. even with depression.

What if someones illness bring that out in them? Like folks who are bipolar or have borderline personality disorder?

Last edited:
That's what's up. It's a pretty rare mindset

I'ma keep it a buck: I got diagnosed with PTSD a couple of years back.

What if someones illness bring that out in them? Like folks who are bipolar or have borderline personality disorder?
Now this is a good question.
Could I take it?
I think I could, because I would have to understand they not mad at me, they mad at the situation but I'm the face.
We need to get some calming medicine or weed...
But I take shit like that seriously.
But I could not do this for anyone but my wife and parents.

Back