Welcome To aBlackWeb

COMMUNITY What’s the shortest time at a job you ever had?

Lol they sent me to some nice area where a buncha footballers live sellin' patio shit loool of course I had many a door slammed in my face but even more so not opened at all

Maaaaaan I was sooo far out in tha sticks that people actually had tin roofs and no indoor plumbing!! And here I am an 18 yr old nigga wit’ cornrows, gold teeth, tatts AND a NY accent...trying to sell packs of meat for upwards of $500!! Not to mention most these houses I came up to had some fucked up yard dog...

Shit was tha worst!!!!

5 months but it was a seasonal job. I intended to go back but got an office job with really good benefits.

That's crazy, I did door to door sales for a whole summer/fall

Same with McDonald's. A whole summer. Made it work

2 days at McDonalds

I was bout 15. I was horrible. Couldn't flip them burgers in one piece for shit.

Burned a whole tray of buns. We all blamed it on the lame that nobody liked. He got in trouble.

When I got home from the second day, I was chillin watchin tv. A Mickey D commerical came on. I thought to myself, Ima muthafuckin pimp, I can't go out like this! I never went back.

I made it 6 weeks at the McD's up on 13 mile near woodward back in '93. Every day suiting up was like a piece of my soul leaving my body. Got sick and called in, them muhfuckas had the nerve to be like "you can't come back unless you have a Dr's note". Fuck I'mma do that and I ain't gettin insurance? So I never went back. About a month later I got a call from the general manager like "Um... why haven't you been back in?" and I told him what happened. He was like "well, you can come back, I'll put you on schedule if you want". I thought about it and was like "nah, I quit, just let me come get my checks".

4wks working on a tomato farm. I hated that shit but I was broke and I was trying my best not sell dope like all my friends. Job was the worst and I felt like a slave picking those goddamn tomato's

One of my cousins worked on a tobacco farm in Virginia. Said the same shit.

Though technically, my shortest time on the job was ZERO hours, minutes, or seconds.

I got hired at Meijer's in Ann Arbor during the summer of '94. One of my peoples got hired at the same time. I literally walked into the building for orientation and walked my ass right back out 'cause I wasn't feelin it. The homie said they actually had me on the schedule to work real hours for like 6 weeks before he told them that I was never coming back and they finally took me off.

Got a shipyard gig, after months of trying to get it.
The first day they gave me a 12lb box of wire and XX amount of feet worth of leads.
They told me to pull all of that shit to the bottom of some hull, 3 ladders worth I think.
Get down there, gotta weld a 2inch gap, while contorted in an upside-down position.
Felt a pop in my spine, something like you'd get if you cracked a knuckle.

Dragged up once I confirmed I wasn't paralyzed or some shit.
Bout 4 hours all together I think.

I was 20 & worked at a Walmart Neighborhood Market for 9 days & got fired ?. That MF told I didn’t meet “Associate Expectations”. Found out a month later after that, the bitchass manager who liked 1 of the cashiers had got wind of wanting her 1st try of a black D.. The other only black dude that worked there got moved to Deli so he couldn't really leave the kitchen.
:hahaha:

3 weeks at my first job at hardees

4wks working on a tomato farm. I hated that shit but I was broke and I was trying my best not sell dope like all my friends. Job was the worst and I felt like a slave picking those goddamn tomato's
Lmao this only reinforces you being old as fuck

Worked at a software company for like 10 days. I knew shit wasn’t right when a Indian guy with a thick accent was the one who called me about the job. Right after being hired, we had a retreat for the rest of the week at a hotel with all the workers from all over the world. It smells terrible in the auditorium and I had to fight sleep pretty bad. The next week they expected me to know everything about the job and that was impossible. After a few days I struck out: left for lunch too early, took a extended break (had a phone interview at another coy but ended up not getting the job, and I left the job early. Got home and was eating dinner and got an email from them and it said that I was terminated. I laughed so hard and was relieved as well. Don’t miss that place at all

Back