Welcome To aBlackWeb

West Virginia Correctional Officers In Training Threw Up Nazi Salutes In Class Photo

WV Correctional Officers In Training Threw Up Nazi Salutes In Class Photo

A class of West Virginia correctional officers in training took a group photo in which they threw up Nazi salutes.

Several government employees have been suspended over the photo and an internal investigation is ongoing, the Charleston Gazette-Mail reported Thursday.

Earlier Thursday, local news channel WCHS reported that the secretary of the state’s Department of Military Affairs and Public Safety, Jeff Sandy, had condemned “conduct unbecoming by members” of the Division of Corrections and Rehabilitation in a letter to department employees.

The department provided a copy of Sandy’s letter and a copy of the photo in question, with faces blurred, to TPM on Thursday.

“I have seen the photo of Basic Training Class Number 18. I condemn it in the strongest possible terms,” Sandy wrote, per WCHS. “It is distasteful, hurtful, disturbing, highly insensitive and completely inappropriate.”

In a statement to TPM, West Virginia Gov. Jim Justice (R) said he’d ordered the termination of “all those that are found to be involved in this conduct.”

The photo includes the caption “HAIL BYRD!”

Brian Abraham, Justice’s legal advisor, told the Gazette-Mail that was a reference to the director of the training class in the picture.

It's West Virginia, is anyone really surprised. When Obama was running, I saw a video where most of the lifelong democrats in WV were saying they would vote for McCain over Obama. They didn't even bother trying to lie about why. They straight up said they would never vote for a black man for president.

You really surprised by a black dude in the pic going along to get along?

I'm no longer surprised by the sucka shit some black people say and/or do to get approval from white people.

not surprised. But surprised this migraine thought this shit wouldn’t go viral

You really surprised by a black dude in the pic going along to get along?

I'm no longer surprised by the sucka shit some black people say and/or do to get approval from white people.
I was thinking that this morning. 1 of the 2 people murdered in the recent church shooting was a black man. He lived in a town called White Settlement and was the only black deacon. That's the most go along to get along shit of all time and he still got got

It's West Virginia, is anyone really surprised. When Obama was running, I saw a video where most of the lifelong democrats in WV were saying they would vote for McCain over Obama. They didn't even bother trying to lie about why. They straight up said they would never vote for a black man for president.

Yeah, I'll always remember WV as the only state in the union where cacs was willing to walk up to news cameras and straight up say they'd never vote for a nigger, no cap

Back