Amazon Welcome to the Blumhouse

Ayo blumhouse is responsible for most of the worst movies i've seen this year.
Lol. For some reason, he sticks with pg13 horror movies. Generally, pg13 horror movies always suck. I will check out two out of four of these movies. The one with the black cast and the one with the sisters completing against each other

Ive been doing some reading on Jason Blum the owner of Blumhouse and its pretty fucking crazy what his studio has done. I never realized it until today, but a large majority of the films he produces are made for less than 10 million dollars. Usual ballpark is 4-5million. That includes Insidious, Sinister, The Purge, Paranormal Activity, All of their Sequels, Get Out, Happy Death Day and many more. The ones i listed all made well over 50million at the box office though.

I guess just a random fact for folks if you didnt know. Havent tried watching any of these movies they produced on Hulu or Amazon.

Ive been doing some reading on Jason Blum the owner of Blumhouse and its pretty fucking crazy what his studio has done. I never realized it until today, but a large majority of the films he produces are made for less than 10 million dollars. Usual ballpark is 4-5million. That includes Insidious, Sinister, The Purge, Paranormal Activity, All of their Sequels, Get Out, Happy Death Day and many more. The ones i listed all made well over 50million at the box office though.

I guess just a random fact for folks if you didnt know. Havent tried watching any of these movies they produced on Hulu or Amazon.
I didnt know he did those. I liked the purge, insidious series. Sinister 1 was good. Get out was great. But Get Out was produced and written by Jordan Peele. Blum is a production company. Does Blum actually write and direct?

I didnt know he did those. I liked the purge, insidious series. Sinister 1 was good. Get out was great. But Get Out was produced and written by Jordan Peele. Blum is a production company. Does Blum actually write and direct?
I believe he may have some writing credits from his early days, but really hes just a producer. In the movie sense, the producer is usually a investor in the project. They will be pitched an idea by a writer or a director or maybe come up with the idea themselves and start building it up. They find the people to make the film. If they dont fully fund the movie, they find more investors. Will often find a team of writers to flesh out the story. Pitch the idea to a director. Stuff like that. I believe they do often have creative input, but not often is it enough to get credited as one of the films writers.

I think in Jason Blum's case, with as many films as hes "produced" especially today in 2020, he just gets pitched an idea, approves it, then cuts a check through the company and probably hands the reigns over to another producer on the project. Often times a film will have multiple producers and writers, so I think Jordan Peele was credited as a producer probably because he had the idea of the movie then basically oversaw the project from the ground up once the budget was secured. Get Out has 4 Producers attached to it, both Jason Blum and Jordan Peele being credited as producers.

• Goat
Reactions: loud-ninja
Correction, Blum has NO writing credits. Hes strictly a producer:

Blum worked for Bob and Harvey Weinstein as an executive at Miramax, and later as an independent producer for Paramount Pictures. Prior to his tenure at Miramax, Blum was a producing director at Ethan Hawke's Malaparte theater company.[11] Blum is a 1991 graduate of Vassar College.[12][13] He is a member of the board of trustees of the Academy Museum of Motion Pictures[14].

He obtained financing for his first film as producer, Kicking and Screaming (1995), after receiving a letter from family acquaintance, entertainer Steve Martin, who endorsed the script. Blum attached the letter to copies of the script he sent around to Hollywood executives.