Welcome To aBlackWeb

Was the city wrong for not charging the mother? Can you understand the father's actions?

DMorgan

You niggas is EXCOMMUNICADO!!!
Man pleads guilty in killing of girlfriend who placed baby in trash

A D.C. man pleaded guilty Thursday to voluntary manslaughter in the stabbing of a girlfriend who had admitted last year to throwing the couple’s 2-month-old baby’s remains into the trash. Carl B. Jones, 44, also pleaded guilty to carrying a dangerous weapon in the April killing of Ladonia Boggs, 39. Boggs’s body was found in the doorway of her apartment in the 1500 block of Benning Road NE. Last year, police accused Boggs of putting 2-month-old son Kyon Jones’s body in a trash receptacle after she said he died in early May 2021. Prosecutors decided not to pursue a murder case and instead charged Boggs with tampering with physical evidence. She was not jailed and had a court date set for two months after she was killed. At Thursday’s hearing in D.C. Superior Court, Assistant U.S. Attorney Sitara Witanachchi said Jones went to Boggs’s apartment with a knife and the couple “got into a fight over the dead child.” The prosecutor said Jones then stabbed Boggs in the abdomen.

After Jones’s arrest, Jones admitted to detectives that he and his girlfriend had occasionally smoked PCP. When detectives asked him if he was responsible for Boggs’s killing, court documents say he responded: “If I did, would I be wrong for doing that?”According to court records, authorities found a trail of blood leading from Boggs’s body across the floor to the bedroom, down the hallway and to the living room. They also found blood on the couch.

In May 2021, Boggs telephoned Jones and told him that the D.C. Child and Family Services Agency had removed their son from her home, according to court documents. The next day, Jones called the agency to inquire. A social worker told him that the baby had not been removed from Boggs’s care. The social worker contacted city authorities, including D.C. police, who then began investigating.

After being confronted about her account, Boggs told authorities that she had given the baby to her godmother.
After authorities were unable to find the godmother, Boggs told police she was sleeping in the same bed with her son and rolled over him while she was asleep after smoking PCP earlier in the day, according to court documents. When she awakened, she saw that the baby was not breathing, placed his body in the trash and gave his clothes to a neighbor, according to the documents. Jones initially was charged with second-degree murder. As part of the plea deal with federal prosecutors, he faces a prison sentence of seven to nine years. Jones will remain in the D.C. jail until his sentencing Dec. 9.

I feel like the chick should have been charged with manslaughter or child endangerment or something. I don't see how she can get off with just a tampering charge when she got high and killed her baby.

This dude is getting what he deserves though. I can imagine he's pretty broken up about it all, but that didn't give him the right to kill the chick. If he loved the child that much, and he knew she was a shitty drugged out mother, he should have gotten himself straight and got custody. He basically admitted that he does the same shit, so this tragedy probably could have happened just as easily with him.

I feel like the chick should have been charged with manslaughter or child endangerment or something. I don't see how she can get off with just a tampering charge when she got high and killed her baby.

This dude is getting what he deserves though. I can imagine he's pretty broken up about it all, but that didn't give him the right to kill the chick. If he loved the child that much, and he knew she was a shitty drugged out mother, he should have gotten himself straight and got custody. He basically admitted that he does the same shit, so this tragedy probably could have happened just as easily with him.

I remember when all of this happened. Shit was just crazy. I wonder if the mother had information about other crimes that she gave them to only get a tampering charge. For to only get that charge doesn't make sense to chalk it up to well she was high and smothered the baby. People who weren't high or drunk go to jail for different types of accidental shit they do every day.

The father wasn't right but understand. I wonder if he still would've did that if she didn't throw the baby away and/or got charged with something more than tampering.

The city was definitely wrong for not charging her.

That rolling over the baby bullshit she told the cops sounds bogus.

I've been saying for a while that scorned women do shit like this all the time to hurt their children's fathers.

Hard truth to think a mother could do something like that to their child, but it happens all the time.

The city was definitely wrong for not charging her.

That rolling over the baby bullshit she told the cops sounds bogus.

I've been saying for a while that scorned women do shit like this all the time to hurt their children's fathers.

Hard truth to think a mother could do something like that to their child, but it happens all the time.

All this proves how much the justice system protects women.

How you gonna kill a baby by being drugged out of your mind, try to cover it up and you don't go to jail for manslaughter?

If they would've put her in jail until her trial, she would've never gotten killed.

Well, now she's dead, the baby is dead, and homie a murderer, all the city had to do, is do their damn job.

And if bruh cared that much to kill for his kid, he should've gotten custody instead of leaving him with a dusthead.

All this proves how much the justice system protects women.

How you gonna kill a baby by being drugged out of your mind, try to cover it up and you don't go to jail for manslaughter?

If they would've put her in jail until her trial, she would've never gotten killed.

Well, now she's dead, the baby is dead, and homie a murderer, all the city had to do, is do their damn job.

And if bruh cared that much to kill for his kid, he should've gotten custody instead of leaving him with a dusthead.

All true.

A black man who did the same thing would've been locked up as soon as they found out about the baby.

Back