Welcome To aBlackWeb

Was justice served? Shooting at Eastern Market in Detroit

konceptjones

The one between three and three.
I've been debating this with some folks online and I'm wondering how y'all see it. Here's the incident:

Long and short: Niggas was out tailgating for the Lions game this past Sunday. Two niggas get to scrappin' over a parking space (of all things). They get separated but end up arguing again. Young nigga pulls a gun and threatens the other cat with it. OG is a CPL holder and pulls his own and pops the young dude in the head and dies. One of the dude that was trying to break up the fight catches the same bullet that went through the young niggas head and dies a few days later.

County Prosecutor is not filing charges against the shooter because he was a valid CPL holder and acted in self defense.

The question, tho, is was justice served to the cat that tried to break it up but caught a bullet? My argument is that it was served by the death of the young cat that pulled the gun in the first place as he's the one that escalated to deadly force and got the Good Samaritan killed. Others are arguing that because the survivor wasn't charged in his death, that justice will never be served.

What say y'all?

He shouldn't be charged, just a fucked up accident. Justice was served by the knucklehead who escalated everything, it was all his fault.

And this is how I see it but there's amad niggas on FB talmbout how the dude Rayshawn will never get justice blah, blah, blah and I'm like "Nah, the nigga that actually caused him to be in a position to get killed is dead, justice is served". Nobody seems to see it that way, especially the women talking about it.

I guess I'm reading it wrong. The person that tried to break it up was killed also but the shooter isn't getting charged because he was defending himself against someone else?

I guess I'm reading it wrong. The person that tried to break it up was killed also but the shooter isn't getting charged because he was defending himself against someone else?

There's an argument between two niggas: OG and Young Nigga.
OG is the shooter and is a legal CPL holder. (Young nigga doesn't appear to be a cpl holder otherwise it would have been mentioned everywhere)
GoodSam is one of several people trying to break it up before they start fighting again. GoodSam is apparently standing behind Young Nigga somewhere.

During the argument, Young Nigga pulls a gun on OG and threatens him with it.
OG pulls his own and fires one shot, hitting young nigga in the head and drops him.
GoodSam is then struck in the head by the same bullet that just killed Young Nigga. He dies 2-3 days later.

There's an argument between two niggas: OG and Young Nigga.
OG is the shooter and is a legal CPL holder. (Young nigga doesn't appear to be a cpl holder otherwise it would have been mentioned everywhere)
GoodSam is one of several people trying to break it up before they start fighting again. GoodSam is apparently standing behind Young Nigga somewhere.

During the argument, Young Nigga pulls a gun on OG and threatens him with it.
OG pulls his own and fires one shot, hitting young nigga in the head and drops him.
GoodSam is then struck in the head by the same bullet that just killed Young Nigga. He dies 2-3 days later.
Shouldn't he get at least manslaughter for the other person?

If I was a family member of the dude who was trying to break up the fight, I would want the shooter charged.

Why?

Seriously, had the young cat not pulled the gun, both of them would still be alive. Plus, in MI, illegally carrying a concealed weapon is a felony and brandishing is a criminal misdemeanor, and if someone should die in the commission of a misdemeanor or felony you get an extra case of involuntary manslaughter tacked on. It just so happened the nigga that did it died before he could be charged.

The shooter was legally defending his own life. Had he never been put in a position to do so, nobody dies.

Why?

Seriously, had the young cat not pulled the gun, both of them would still be alive. Plus, in MI, illegally carrying a concealed weapon is a felony and brandishing is a criminal misdemeanor, and if someone should die in the commission of a misdemeanor or felony you get an extra case of involuntary manslaughter tacked on. It just so happened the nigga that did it died before he could be charged.

The shooter was legally defending his own life. Had he never been put in a position to do so, nobody dies.
Would you be as understanding if was someone close.. the young dude that got killed is now dead somebody gotta be responsible im the eyes of the grieving..

It easy to take a clinical approach when your skin is not in the game..

Smh unfortunate

Would you be as understanding if was someone close.. the young dude that got killed is now dead somebody gotta be responsible im the eyes of the grieving..

It easy to take a clinical approach when your skin is not in the game..

Smh unfortunate

Yeah, and the person responsible is no longer alive: Justice is served.

After thinking this out Old head needs to grab that involuntary manslaughter charge for hitting the person trying to stop the bullshit. Far as the young cat nah he pulled and didn't shoot so thats a him problem but RIP to him and the other person.

No way the shooter should walk from hitting the other person and also bullet went thru 2 heads? Fuck was he carrying a .45 with black rhinos in the chamber or was it just up close shot that went thru the first guy head.

Why?

I get what your saying, but if they were both arguing then left just to come back to begin fighting again they would be equally guilty in my eyes. It wouldn't matter who escalated first I would feel like both need to be punished.

Justice wasn't served. A nigga shot another nigga accidentally and killed him. Anybody who has ever done any REAL shooting and takes the responsibility of having a concealed carry permit seriously knows that you're responsible for every round that comes out of your weapon. I'm not saying they should lock that nigga away for the rest of his life, but...he drew his weapon...he fired his weapon...the round he fired killed two people...one of whom was innocent and no threat to him.

There should be some sort of consequence to that.

At what point does the question that one of them could have walked away get brought into it?

Young dude pulls out a gun but doesn't shoot old head. Why couldn't old head just be like ok man you got it and walk away? With age comes wisdom right?

Couldn't old head just have told youngin like aight man you got it when they fought over a parking space?

These questions need to be asked too.

Not ever argument ends with fists and bullets. Why did this one have too?

No way am I blaming this on the old dude though. The young dude got what he deserved. But there was mad jump off points before it got as far as it did that old dude could have taken, especially as the elder. I'm not asking why young dude couldn't have let it go cause he dead.

But if the good Samaritan was someone I loved, I'm mad judgemental of both mfers, I don't care that the young dude pulled the gun first and idgaf what the law says, why the fuck did either meet let a argument about a parking spot escalate that much? Depending how much I loved the good Samaritan, I'll want some get back regardless of who was right or wrong cause it takes two to tango and letting a parking spot argument escalate that much means both mfers got to pay. One paid with his life, cool. Now the second mfer needs to pay too.

At what point does the question that one of them could have walked away get brought into it?

Young dude pulls out a gun but doesn't shoot old head. Why couldn't old head just be like ok man you got it and walk away? With age comes wisdom right?

Couldn't old head just have told youngin like aight man you got it when they fought over a parking space?

No way am I blaming this on the old dude though. The young dude got what he deserved. But there was mad jump off points before it got as far as it did that old dude could have taken, especially as the elder. I'm not asking why young dude couldn't have let it go cause he dead.

But if the good Samaritan was someone I loved, I'm mad judgemental of both mfers, I don't care that the young dude pulled the gun first and idgaf what the law says, why the fuck did either meet let a argument about a parking spot escalate that much? Depending how much I loved the good Samaritan, I'll want some get back regardless of who was right or wrong cause it takes two to tango and letting a parking spot argument escalate that much means both mfers got to pay. One paid with his life, cool. Now the second mfer needs to pay too.

Because once a gun is brought into play, especially when dealing with these 20-somethings, just walking away can still get you murked.

I can't lie, nigga pulls a gun on me, I'm not gonna wait to find out if he's gonna use it; I'mma draw and fire because you've now presented yourself as a life ending threat. My goal at this point in life is to make sure I make it home to my kids, and if we're all out together, make sure we all get home in one piece.

Bottom line: Don't write a check your ass can't cash.

Because there's that chance that young dude shoots him

You can stand your ground when someone pulls a gun on you or walk away and hope they let it go. You're taking a chance either way. Guess it's a preference thing

Edit koncept answered while I was typing lol

Back