Welcome To aBlackWeb

Poll Was Akinyele the 90s version of Sexy Redd?

Freaky Niggas from the 90s gets a pass, why not current rap chicks?

• Fair Point

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • ...That was different, women needs to think of children

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Tbh I don't care, let them freaks cook

Votes: 8 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

silverfoxx

Bitch mob
Also 2 Live Crew, Too Short, Three Six Mafia, etc. Why are so many black men so disturbed by the likes of Sexy Redd, Sukihana , etc? The comments under Million Dollars Worth of Game latest video is weird AF.

Btw would any of y'all niggas turn down Sexyy Redd if she was throwing it at you?

I think it's because we heard it before and are tired of it. I'm sure plenty ppl had issues with those artists back in the day... I personally don't wanna hear a dude rap about his piece all day. The double standard is definitely there, but hip hop was been supposed to have been put in check since Nelly slid that card down that strippers butt.

Also 2 Live Crew, Too Short, Three Six Mafia, etc. Why are so many black men so disturbed by the likes of Sexy Redd, Sukihana , etc? The comments under Million Dollars Worth of Game latest video is weird AF.

Btw would any of y'all niggas turn down Sexyy Redd if she was throwing it at you?
I'm not catching anything Redd throwing. She look like bourbon Street after the Bayou Classic.
Have you not seen her sextape?
Disappointed.

I wouldn't say Akinyele was the 90s version of Sexy Red. Yes, most people will know him from "Put It In Your Mouth". But he also held his own on "Live At The BBQ". And he had a nice single "Da Bomb".

Exactly. And besides 2 Live Crew everybody else that was mentioned had more than just "hoe raps"

The issue is main stream women rap acts are all the same the biggest acts have no variety ... same fan be said for hip hop in general and even she takes to an even more profane level so they say

There wasnt a tsunami ok Akineli acts played ad nauseum

Adina was overt in her sexuality

Toni Braxton was constantly with her nipples out

Mercedes album cover made a nigga forearm look like a calf muscle

Janet was wilding

Madonna was fucking on tape and in coffee table books

Luke was fucking hoes on that Luke in the nude album

Knocking the boots kicked off a trend of male r&b acts maturing their subject matter to avoid being looked at in a certain way.
I remember Rachel from BET kinda giving H-Town shit for their subject matter

There was significant pushback from the ladies that would host on BET in the 90’s and the acts would be too mannish with them.

Y’all just forgot is all

no one forgot anything

the artists listed in this thread grouped together or separated into their genres did not represent the majority back then

now they are just one of

Come back to this thread when Sexy Redd can make something like "The Ghetto"

Adina was overt in her sexuality

Toni Braxton was constantly with her nipples out

Mercedes album cover made a nigga forearm look like a calf muscle

Janet was wilding

Madonna was fucking on tape and in coffee table books

Luke was fucking hoes on that Luke in the nude album

Knocking the boots kicked off a trend of male r&b acts maturing their subject matter to avoid being looked at in a certain way.
I remember Rachel from BET kinda giving H-Town shit for their subject matter

There was significant pushback from the ladies that would host on BET in the 90’s and the acts would be too mannish with them.

Y’all just forgot is all

Ya'll are conflating shit. I don't think anyone was saying that sexuality among artists didn't exist in the 80s/90s.

Adina was never some kind of a superstar. She was arguably a one hit wonder depending on how you define the term. She certainly wasn't one of the biggest names in the game like these chicks are.

Toni had her nipples out but I don't think anyone would claim that the only appeal she had was sex appeal. She was actually talented and her music didn't revolve 100% around her sexuality.

Madonna was heavily criticized for her antics and he even she masked her song about sucking dick. These chicks ain't doing that. They'll just write a shitty verse where they basically just say "I suck dick" ten times.

It's not the same.

Back