Welcome To aBlackWeb

Village Idiot Of The Week: 7/27

VIOTW

• Du- Du vs Reel Table: Take 68

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Germs- Silkkk Da Greatest

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Soul Tattler: She Caused Her Own Foot To Be Shot!

Votes: 3 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I appreciate talking to you Whis because you take the time to consider reason.

I was born and raised in the hood. Southeast side of Chicago to be exact. I was just blessed enough to have a few adults who pushed me to be more than a statistic. So I can say confidently that yes, SOMETIMES we do instigate our own demise.

We say the police be on bullshit but then we talk super disrespectful to them sometimes for no reason. We say we need legal bread but we quick to get fired from a job weeks after getting hired over stupid shit like stealing or attendance. 5s and 6s (gangs) always mourning one of their own laying in caskets but everytime it gets over 80 degrees outside, it's a fuckin war zone. YES there are alot of outside influences on our oppression but we don't have to act like none of us are ever in the wrong.

I can talk about that shit all day cause I love black people just like i love black women in particular. Enabling or excusing self destructive behavior is literally a form of self hate and i don't go for that just because it doesn't fit a nice cute hashtag like #toxic or #BLM . I'm sorry but community principles of growth, development, and uplift are more involved than a 140 character message.
i respect the clarity of this message and its powerful.

its crazy that people will still take something bad from this.
sometimes pointing out problems doesnt mean you hate your own. i never understood how people see it this way but then overlook or maybe celebrate the community groups trying to stop the very thing some people point out.

this may be something we need to talk about more.
all the crabs in the barrel was put there because they got caught in a trap and placed there.
but some crabs got in the way of others trying to get out of the trap before they got to the barrel.

Back