Welcome To aBlackWeb

Village Idiot Of The Week: 7/27

VIOTW

• Du- Du vs Reel Table: Take 68

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Germs- Silkkk Da Greatest

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Soul Tattler: She Caused Her Own Foot To Be Shot!

Votes: 3 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sony Montana

The 11th
Mod Squad
Didn't beta nominate me for the YouTuber thread??
Oh I thought that was gonna be for next week...

can the powers that be nominate Du for “Emergency Feelings”

Better luck next week son...

I'm sure no one will care by then

Id like to nominate @Alle'Oop for thinking Silkk Da Shocker and BG could beat Drake or Kendrick Lamar in a song for song battle.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nominate du for this

Still not gonna win...

But it makes him feel good

Gotta nominate @Soul_Rattler for this hot take:

The more yall talk, the more similarly I see with Chris Brown and Rhianna. It took years, being virtually black balled, and legal convictions later before the public would even entertain the idea that Rhianna was not a victim in that car, but an active participant and possibly the instigator.

Deflecting to the point of "Yeah but what about the gun" excuses what led up to that point. You don't have to approve of one thing in order to condemn another.

We keep pretending that everytime a black woman is hit, shot, stabbed, or called out of her name, she was just floating innocently on a cloud awhen some monster arose from the depths of hell to attack her... this is why violence and disrespect of the black woman continues. We only want to hold some people accountable and ignore the wrongdoings of others.

I don't even get the point of this one...

Stop protecting black women cause they might've had fault in their own abuse?

Gotta nominate @Soul_Rattler for this hot take:

I don't even get the point of this one...

Stop protecting black women cause they might've had fault in their own abuse?
You took the exact opposite of what I said.

A PART of protecting black women is acknowleding that SOMETIMES they instigate situations that result in putting their own safety at risk. You don't solve a problem by ignoring a part of that problem.

How you got "stop protecting black women" from ANYTHING I said is beyond me.

You took the exact opposite of what I said.

A PART of protecting black women is acknowledging that SOMETIMES they instigate situations that result in putting their own safety at risk. You don't solve a problem by ignoring a part of that problem.

How you got "stop protecting black women" from ANYTHING I said is beyond me.

This sounds a lot like victim blaming, you don't see that?

Like take gender out of your statement. Do you really think black people 'sometimes' instigate and cause their own demise?

This sounds a lot like victim blaming, you don't see that?

Like take gender out of your statement. Do you really think black people sometimes instigate and cause their own demise?
I appreciate talking to you Whis because you take the time to consider reason.

I was born and raised in the hood. Southeast side of Chicago to be exact. I was just blessed enough to have a few adults who pushed me to be more than a statistic. So I can say confidently that yes, SOMETIMES we do instigate our own demise.

We say the police be on bullshit but then we talk super disrespectful to them sometimes for no reason. We say we need legal bread but we quick to get fired from a job weeks after getting hired over stupid shit like stealing or attendance. 5s and 6s (gangs) always mourning one of their own laying in caskets but everytime it gets over 80 degrees outside, it's a fuckin war zone. YES there are alot of outside influences on our oppression but we don't have to act like none of us are ever in the wrong.

I can talk about that shit all day cause I love black people just like i love black women in particular. Enabling or excusing self destructive behavior is literally a form of self hate and i don't go for that just because it doesn't fit a nice cute hashtag like #toxic or #BLM . I'm sorry but community principles of growth, development, and uplift are more involved than a 140 character message.

I appreciate talking to you Whis because you take the time to consider reason.

I was born and raised in the hood. Southeast side of Chicago to be exact. I was just blessed enough to have a few adults who pushed me to be more than a statistic. So I can say confidently that yes, SOMETIMES we do instigate our own demise.

We say the police be on bullshit but then we talk super disrespectful to them sometimes for no reason. We say we need legal bread but we quick to get fired from a job weeks after getting hired over stupid shit like stealing or attendance. 5s and 6s (gangs) always mourning one of their own laying in caskets but everytime it gets over 80 degrees outside, it's a fuckin war zone. YES there are alot of outside influences on our oppression but we don't have to act like none of us are ever in the wrong.

I can talk about that shit all day cause I love black people just like i love black women in particular. Enabling or excusing self destructive behavior is literally a form of self hate and i don't go for that just because it doesn't fit a nice cute hashtag like #toxic or #BLM . I'm sorry but community principles of growth, development, and uplift are more involved than a 140 character message.
This is what I needed to hear.

I have to challenge you when something doesn't sit right or can be easily misconstrued.

I have very little tolerance for people that troll or say inflammatory remarks with no logic behind it.

I agree that we as black people can exacerbate a situation instead of deescalating. All those scenarios you listed, I've seen them all go down. I'm in the 100s so you know I know.

I think where we differ is that I would prefer to acknowledge the pain and search for the root cause than to point fingers and shame my own people for their behavior. Gangs didn't always destroy the community, but as the environment grew sicker, so did the people.

But maybe both perspectives are needed to get a full scope of what's going on today...

YES....YES!!!!

Amazon.com : Zatarain's Extra Spicy Crawfish, Shrimp & Crab Boil ...

Back