FEATURED DIDDYWATCH: Another round of lawsuits+grand jury

test

He did that or he ain’t did that?

• He did that shhhhh

• Nah he ain’t do that shh

• He did SOME of that shh

Results are only viewable after voting.
Amerie perfect example. Bey stole her entire swag

Lol idk about entire but Amerie did get caught up in the Beyonce/J Lo battle that labels had in the early 2000s thanks to Tommy Motolla trying to get back at Mariah Carey. Amerie's 1 Thing was supposed to be a J Lo song til her and Rich Harrison said fuck no and leaked it to radio. Which then led to Rich Harrison using that same gogo sound on Beyonce songs and people initially hating Beyonce for it saying she stole her style.

Lol idk about entire but Amerie did get caught up in the Beyonce/J Lo battle that labels had in the early 2000s thanks to Tommy Motolla trying to get back at Mariah Carey. Amerie's 1 Thing was supposed to be a J Lo song til her and Rich Harrison said fuck no and leaked it to radio. Which then led to Rich Harrison using that same gogo sound on Beyonce songs and people initially hating Beyonce for it saying she stole her style.
Didn't Crazy In Love come out first? I dunno, taking a similar beat from the same producer shouldn't be considered style biting. Missy had some similar go go shit by Rich Harrison too in '05.

"Can't stop won't stop, call me Puff" "riight"

Yes, @TTBF, we gon be posted up here talkin about nothing until the next media crashout. You think this shit is over?

Now we talking about Amerie. In the diddy lawsuit thread.

Surprisingly no mention of Mary J.
Who wasn't the best singer or dancer...but she had "flavor"
Mixed with top notion marketing & promotion. Plus Mary had likeability and relatability

All....Which will always trump raw talent

Surprisingly no mention of Mary J.
Who wasn't the best singer or dancer...but she had "flavor"
Mixed with top notion marketing & promotion. Plus Mary had likeability and relatability

All....Which will always trump raw talent
Now MARY ain't the best singer? A literal Mt Rushmore candidate for female singers ain't the best singer? Yeah, we might gotta close this thread.

But in all seriousness, Mary got some questions to answer. We already know about her controversies, did Puff groom her into some of that stuff?

Now MARY ain't the best singer? A literal Mt Rushmore candidate for female singers ain't the best singer? Yeah, we might gotta close this thread.

You REALLY got to know what singing, SINGING is to get it
Any vocalist worth their weight, will tell you this 🤷‍♂️

You REALLY got to know what singing, SINGING is to get it
Any vocalist worth their weight, will tell you this 🤷‍♂️
What would be a good singer? To me MJB might not go beyond her own register but she knocks that shit out the park and really tunes in on emotion. If you say she's not on a level of a Whitney Houston or an Aretha Franklin, I can agree. But if I hear someone that sounds even 1/10th like MJB I'm signing her on the spot.

Didn't Crazy In Love come out first? I dunno, taking a similar beat from the same producer shouldn't be considered style biting. Missy had some similar go go shit by Rich Harrison too in '05.

Yes, @TTBF, we gon be posted up here talkin about nothing until the next media crashout. You think this shit is over?

You right it did...but she did catch flack for working with Rich Harrison because Amerie and him were both from DC so it was seen as stealing her sound. I think alot of people forget the Beyonce standom now was not there at all when she first went solo.

Adams is dirty, a coon and and infaruated with celebs

tumblr_mp6308l8Pm1s1vt4mo1_500.gif

What would be a good singer? To me MJB might not go beyond her own register but she knocks that shit out the park and really tunes in on emotion. If you say she's not on a level of a Whitney Houston or an Aretha Franklin, I can agree. But if I hear someone that sounds even 1/10th like MJB I'm signing her on the spot.
The point is, Mary doesn't have to be the best singer/vocalist. (Chaka hatred her rendition of "Sweet Thing". Singers on that level hear things differently than us regular folk.....who loved it.

Still she has enough of the main ingredients to be the best entertainer. And again her relatability

She is exactly where I feel she should be in her career. She's one of personal GOATs of R&B

Mary had the best writers and producers in the game. And she delivered on, taking their music and making it her own
thats no guaranteed you can take just any other chick and still have that same outcome

You right it did...but she did catch flack for working with Rich Harrison because Amerie and him were both from DC so it was seen as stealing her sound. I think alot of people forget the Beyonce standom now was not there at all when she first went solo.
In '03? Nah, Beyonce was huge. I still have PTSD from my big ass female cousins barging into my room doing the uh oh dance. I didn't hear Amerie's first album, but if that album had a similar sound then I see your point.

200w (41).gif

The point is, Mary doesn't have to be the best singer/vocalist. (Chaka hatred her rendition of "Sweet Thing". Singers on that level hear things differently than us regular folk.....who loved it.

Still she has enough of the main ingredients to be the best entertainer. And again her relatability

She is exactly where I feel she should be in her career. She's one of personal GOATs of R&B

Mary had the best writers and producers in the game. And she delivered on, taking their music and making it her own
thats no guaranteed you can take just any other chick and still have that same outcome
Yeah, them 70s/80s singers were built different. As someone that produced R&B vocals, I still think MJB has a great voice and could've still been a star without the other intangibles. To stay on topic, I think Puff actually underplayed her talents with his production. His shit is more for dancing and slow grind ballads... the production has to be more stripped down for the vocalist to shine. MJB was young when she got on, so I think studio habits stuck with her to the point she hit a ceiling vocally. That scratchy yelling shit she does was Puff not knowing how to teach her that control.

In '03? Nah, Beyonce was huge. I still have PTSD from my big ass female cousins barging into my room doing the uh oh dance. I didn't hear Amerie's first album, but if that album had a similar sound then I see your point.

In 03 she was still reeling from the whole "she broke up Destiny's Child" stuff. People saying she was sabotaging Kelly Rowland to be the bigger solo act from the group etc. Yeah she had fans but she also had a lot of people who blamed her for the 1st 2 girls leaving Destiny's Child.

Back