Welcome To aBlackWeb

Video: A black man dies three days after getting repeatedly tased by Tulsa police...

https://ktul.com/news/local/tasing-incident-draws-questions-of-excessive-use-of-force

Tasing incident draws questions of excessive use of force

It's boarded up, the spot where there was once a glass door, a door which shattered and led to a chain of events.

It's where 25 year-old Joshua Harvey entered the Arvest bank downtown and was tased multiple times.

"At what point is it not excessive?" asked social activist Marq Lewis.

That is a question that's being raised as various people watch the multiple tasings.

"How is he going to put his hands behind his back?" asked social activist James Johnson, watching as police issued commands while tasing.

"They are still tasing him, and he's down; how's he a threat?" he asked.

"It was constant, zzz, zzz, zzz," said Lewis.

Social activist Lewis says he's spoken to Joshua Harvey's mother who has since retained an attorney.

"Zap him when he doesn't turn over; zap him when he doesn't follow the commands. To me, that's excessive," said Lewis.

For Johnson, the father of a 17-year-old son, the incident speaks to a larger societal concern.

"I said, 'Son, what do you want to be when you grow up?' He said, 'Dad, I just want to be alive.' I didn't allow him to see me cry right then Burt, but later that night, in my little secret closet, I had to shed tears before almighty God," said Johnson.

Questions over use of force and the fine balance between protecting an officer and protecting the public.

"You have to keep in mind, your job as an officer is to preserve life, all life, not just your life," said Lewis.

"We've been having peaceful protests; we've been having peaceful rallies, but at any moment, Tulsa can be Ferguson; Tulsa can be Baltimore," said Johnson.

https://www.tulsaworld.com/homepage...cle_5c4785a6-27a6-5664-870e-f0c9f644fd47.html

At one point, Harvey pleads with officers to take the Taser leads out of his body, but they refuse. A few minutes later, the man asks again.

“Take the Tasers off. Take ‘em off,” Harvey says. “I’m dying. He’s about to kill me.”

About 18 minutes into the video, 15 minutes after Harvey is first tased, he begins groaning but no longer forms coherent words. A groan is heard at the 20-minute mark, and then no further sounds can be heard on the recording.

Around that time, officers begin commenting on whether Harvey is breathing. Multiple times, an officer asks if he is breathing and another officer says that he is.

“His eyes are in the back of his head,” one officer says near the end of the video as Harvey lies on the gurney.

Harvey never regained consciousness in the hospital, Solomon-Simmons said in the statement.

Smh.. They basically tortured that man to death...

Back